Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Not public access as far as I know

Fs grabs are like 100x better because of that dumb platform you get if you get slammed downwards, basicly stunning you for free without juggling DOTā€™s

Magic having traps would be awsome.

Just going the opposite direction isnt enough most of the time due to the high mobility of other classes

2 Likes

and there can be so many varieties too

traps that fling you, traps that grab you, traps that just damage you (boring (kinda))

2 Likes

The styles could be like bear traps for damage, wires for stunning probably, maybe banana peels or the sort of flinging?

1 Like

i quite like the idea of a trap that just reaches out and GRABS you by the leg or something

A trap that just applies DOT, imagine that for 2nd magic.
Actualy, why not make snare a sudeo-trap spell? Make it so you can set it to the normal snare or to dash forward, or to place it down?

1 Like

in my reality, getting grabbed by a trap will not activate the cooldown

mages CAN and WILL make a rube Goldberg machine to style on your ass

Thatā€™d be fun and kinda skillful

Its kinda on the person that fell for that chain of traps. Theres a giant magic circle on the ground and you decided to step on it? Ofc you can only set like 3 traps max to prevent a AO from turning into minesweeper
(Imagine if the traps fling you in a direction like the spring trap from clash of clans)

2 Likes

Magic traps sound like so much fun I want them all now, from thrust to the traps and anything else.

1 Like

this whole idea is just the explosion spell but it kindly waits for the target
with a whole variety of options of pain

Imagine playing a water trap, placing a ice trap on top, then waiting for some poor sod to step on it

This gives me a idea

Makes me think the traps should despawn after you get a certain distance away from them.

Heres my idea.

Lost Spell/Snare thingy?
Can only have up to 3 traps at once. Traps despawn after 60 seconds, or if you are too far away. Traps do not trigger when you are out of combat

Options are as folows:
Range - 20% to 100% (Effects damage and trigger AOE)
Launch Direction - Direction it launches at
Animation - Things like a giant spikeball crushing the player, or dozens of lil magic spheres all colliding into the player

1 Like

I want to suggest this to the server, but
A. They donā€™t take ā€˜add thisā€™ suggestions
B. replacing snare would probably ends in you being rambler roleā€™d
c. Thrust would be the same iā€™m pretty sure

1 Like

I just like the thought of a Goldberg machine that just throws people in revanna into the ocean

i like where this is going, here is my take on it

Trap
230 magic requirement (give or take)

options being
Mechanism
the way you get got
-Explosion, simple damage dealing
-Grasp, grabs enemies that enter its radius and keeps them there for .25 - .5 seconds
-Tendril, reaches out to grab the target (upward facing trap grabs above it yadda yadda) and flings them away from you

Size
simple 100% to 20% scale, increasing damage but decreasing size

feel free to expand on this, i want this to be a spell you obtain multiple scrolls for

1 Like

I dont like this, stun mechanics aint good. I would love ffor a combo option for mage, but the mods say no.
For another mechanism, why not add somthing unique? Mabye somthing that expends the DOT of the spell all in one go, so the DOT you wouldā€™ve delt is instantly cast AND you get the damage on top.

For those who dont use DOT, why not double the length that it currently has?

2 Likes

grasp would be so short that it would be nearly impossible to combo off of it, simply an option for preventing whatever movement the enemy is doing (probably in your direction and very fast)
alternatively, it could only prevent dodging for .5 seconds

1 Like

I guess thats fair