Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

I was talking abt pre-awakening, and ice is not compatible in comparison to literally any other magic, why? Well bc ice has a status effect which doesn’t even help its cause and its meant to work with other magics meaning pre-awakening ice mage sucks, making it unfair for any ice mage out there. While every other magic is compatible pre-awakening.

First of all ice’s only job is to be a base for synergy, while every other magic you mentioned can still work on its own except the ones I’m listing below.

Water has a higher speed and size than ice with a 0.025x difference in power than ice (ice has more power) making it the equivalent/superior option to ice, and both of their status effects are useless alone, so I do see it being a base for synergies.

Wind is 0.065x weaker than ice but is 0.6x faster than ice and is 0.05x larger than ice, plus wind mainly focuses on knockback so idk how u can say which one is better and I’d say its pretty compatible on its own but I’m mentioning it bc without its knockback it wouldn’t be that compatible on it’s own.

(The data I got is from the wiki and the numbers are subtracted of one another)

Bro what are u on about, fire’s status effect (burning) gives it a lead over ice when they’re both alone.

Not only does burning do continuous damage overtime but it also increases the damage of fire magic which doesn’t even clear the effect, but ice? Na ice’s status effect does literally nothing on its own. Fire’s low damage is repayed in its status effect which helps it greatly.

They still are good, and let’s say ur right and they “suck” then shouldn’t they be buffed so they’re not bad and just average?

They’re status effects give them a huge advantage over ice which has no effect, so if u accidentally apply plasma or magma twice on a bleeding target they will take continuous damage and for ice if u do that nothing will change still making plasma and magma outclass ice.

Ice is generaly better then its comparable counterparts due to 3 reasons:
Status effect, Platform making, Versitility

Frozen is the best status effect by far, since you cant escape from it by using a move (unlike petrified), and it keeps them in the air (unlike paralyzed)
Its ability to platform make is only comparable to magma, making it really useful if your boat got sunk during PVP
Lastly, versitility. Theres the ocean all around you, and weather can also soak your opponents too. Not to mention theres sailor fist, water magic, and potions to make your targets soaked. Plus, the frozen status effect gives a additional 40% damage to any solid magic, such as earth, crystal, metal, etc.

1 Like

wait didn’t ice already get buffed?

Secondly, there was the universal synergy damage change so I believe the additional damage is 20%

Also: I believe that plasma and fire have self-synergy because for the duration of their dot, they have only their below average impact damage.

1 Like

Yeah, ice does far more damage then fire (and the DOT can’t be cleared as easily)

has this person ever played mage with more than a single magic brhh

1 Like

also ice has 10% more damage with frozen and if arent already running a freeze combo with ice idk what youre doing with ice

Crystal mage, wind mage, and water mage.

ok then they either dont play mage correctly or are just plain stupid

No those are the mage archetypes I’ve played
Sorry for being unclear

true ice is only good for freeze combos idk why ud use that ass as a solo

1 Like

what about bleed combos?

doesnt even work rn, i havent seen any ice + bleed magic users anyway probably because ice is a bad solo

Finaly

(That was just a nerf for mages, no other class would have that issue)

5 Likes

I dont agree with this change in the slightest, as someone who has 3 strength files, i can say that shockwave smash is the one move i NEVER use under any circumstances.
Compared to Slam, its kind of useless, and incredibly difficult to hit under most circumstances.
The main problem is its lack of AOE, even at close range its difficult to land properly.

I have a warlock, a warlord, and a berserker, and I prefer slam too, especially for pve

take less damage from shot the further you are from the center of it

I feel like with tiny shot sizes this could cause extreme inconsistency with the damage, like some hits could deal lots of damage and some others deal as much as 100% shot.

I feel like the smaller sizes should just have a larger sweet spot then. And 20% size up to 40% size could have the sweet spot be the whole attack.

sweet spot increases with percent ig
maybe like
30% sweet spot - 100%
35% sweet spot - 90%
40% sweet spot - 80%
etc
etc