Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

im also gonna have to fat disagree with this change. the size of slam and the lack of aiming required is much more useful than shockwave. they both have their pros and cons, shockwave good in the air, slam good on the ground. but most of the enemies you’re gonna fight are gonna be on the ground.

best move to spam in the air

Most of the people fight are in the air for a majority of the time

Exactly it sucks alone, that’s my whole point.

Increasing the damage of ice on freezing opponents doesn’t buff ice at all when ur using it with other magics/bleed it just increases ice’s damage on opponents when it’s alone.

I don’t see what’s wrong, ice is good but not alone, my whole suggestion only makes ice better alone. Plus the damage increase can be like 5% like burning for fire or 1%; I honestly dont care abt the number I just want it to make sense and make ice decent alone.

Also can I add how the “Freezing” hint makes no sense bc it says it buffs cold-based magics but it doesn’t buff ice?

Im an ice conjurer with a sunken sword actually. Again ice isn’t bad it’s just bad alone.

Damn thermo warlord got gutted

FINALLY

if you arent even an ice mage you shouldnt be talking smh
plus giving ice a self synergy would buff every build that uses ice, and 1% would do absolutely nothing so just dont add it
simply wait until bleed synergy is fixed idk

Bruh why. My speed is gone…

I’m just saying bc imagine u were an ice mage, plus I’ve been using ice magic almost my entire playthrough thinking freezing buffs its damage, and the hint about freezing doesn’t help at all so either freezing increases ice’s damage or change the wording of the hint.

Tho every build that includes ice uses it with another form of magic that synergizes with it (or bleed) so if the buff isn’t as good as the synergies I don’t see how it buffs other ice builds. But it does buff ice when it’s alone.

I’d like to add to this discussion the fact that i am a mage whose main use for ice magic is to buff the damage of my water magic. Thats all, have fun arguing.

“it is easy to convince a smart person but impossible to convince a stupid person”

everyone on vetcord :frcryin:

i don’t think ice is that bad as a solo magic anymore, the damage buff it got is pretty good

Plus, ice is more of a complementry magic. I get if you want it to be better, but the thing is its supposed to be better with another magic/effect. I know fire’s lack of size or speed is made up for the fact that it is a catalyst for petrified (Ash and Explosion)

That still doesnt change my mind that it was a bad idea to remove the burning DOT, but thats for a diff discussion

I’ve said before that ice was the worst solo magic in the game (outclassed by literally everything)

Would u say it still is? Bc the only thing that might be worse than it or equivalent to it is water magic (when its alone). Possibly wind as well bc npc’s can’t drown.

1 Like

Ye hence why I’m not gonna try further proving my point bc I’ve said everything that needed to be said.

If u don’t wanna understand then I can’t make u understand. And denying the truth is what stupid ppl do.

I’d like to come back to this. U said that it would basically do nothing meaning it doesn’t really buff ice but it makes the hint for freezing accurate so it should be added or maybe a different number if 1% means the damage doesn’t change. U saying “it should not be added” and never talking abt how the wording of the hint should change was a stupid take on ur behalf ngl bc u kept dragging down my ideas and not promoting a single one even tho the problem I’m addressing is an issue.

At the very least the “hint” for freezing should be changed bc it basically calls ice not a cold-based magic which makes no sense. If u don’t want this then I have nothing more to say to u.

Imo it should just depend on temperature. AO balancing is too filled with ad hoc balance changes that make everything so complicated. It would make more sense to just say that all cold magics including ice do more damage to targets who are cold, and all hot magics do more damage to targets who are hot

1 Like

so this entire argument was because of wording in an ingame hint :skull:

yea im not even gonna bother anymore