Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

I’m not seeing a positive interaction here

Each interaction shadow has, be it with ice light or crystal, is negative. Exclusively negative interactions.

your own magics don’t have negative interactions with each other, shadow’s basically just completely neutral then

Shadow… doesn’t have an interaction with itself. That’s why I don’t count it as an interaction, because it isn’t one. It doesn’t interact with itself. Nothing changes when a shadow attack hits someone with drained.

Where on that trello is the interaction with shadow and the drained status, like did I miss it?

Like it’s entirely semantics and just dodging the issue of shadow having exclusively negative “synergies” to say “nuh uh shadow doesn’t negatively interact with burn so it has neutral interactions”

The term interaction implies that something is done between the two things, usually something different.

i mean if you have two magics they won’t negatively affect each other, so shadow won’t do less damage against blinded enemies if the light magic was yours

I had no idea that was the case. I actually have no idea where I could go to see that, but interesting.

My point still stands though. Shadow has exclusively negative interactions. Each interaction it has is negative. Even if you can bypass these negative interactions by… flat out avoiding them, it doesn’t change the fact that of the interactions Shadow can have, they are all negative. 100% of all non-standard synergies shadow can use result in lowered damage.

also @Level grab range is definitely larger than the circle, I’ve grabbed from further distances. Like where are you getting the information for these claims, do you just make stuff up or what

it’s in the patch notes somewhere

I feel like people arent talking about triasta of bronze applying charred, which buffs a lot of magics, but mainly plasma and fire, giving them basically the same synergy as lightning/ice and sunken sword

You can’t even use it currently with magics.

Oh that’s neat.

Still, exclusively negative synergies. Maybe it’ll get cool stuff with ancient or lost magics.

I honestly don’t know why would you remove the +10% of DMG boost to Mage, considering that it’s literally the only thing it has of interesting, since 2nd magic will be available to everyone on the level cap raise
Unless you replace it with something like faster casting or something, since they already gave 3 unique status effects to Warriors besides the increased speed

It seems biased that Berserker or Mages don’t get anything with that kind of depth, and even then atleast Berserker got a buff for the attack DMG multipliers, Mage awakening literally only says “+10% Damage Buff: Removed”

I agree on basically every change torwards Juggernaut, but Warrior besides getting -23% to Weapon aura size and slight changes to Katana, only got incredible buffs which aren’t really needed because it’s one of the most viables classes as of now, with the amount of DMG it deals with certain boss weapons

Ok so i did some testing and it appears that some weapons are only nerfed by 20% with magma while some attacks like flying slash are cut in half (or close to half)

Can someone explain how morning stars have “brutal rush” EVEN THO ITS A THROW

The reason poison’s base damage is so low is because it functions incredibly similar to ash, just with an extra damage over time slapped on top of it.

Ash has some of the lowest on-hit damage in the game btw, only behind fire, plasma, light, then poison. Fire and plasma have some of the best damage over time statuses in the game, because while they are short, they are incredibly potent, and short can be a benefit when it comes to re-applying and getting all of your damage in early. Ash only has it’s clouds, and size to it’s name, poison has it’s (decent) size, clouds, AND a long, decent damage DOT. It doesn’t really need higher base damage, it just needs it’s DOT condensed into a shorter time frame, which is being suggested.

Mage will also get third magic when other classes get second magic, so that point is rather moot. It also has access to higher tier spells which other classes won’t have, because while hybrid magic classes will get those spells eventually, with each update mage will also get a new toy to play with that other classes just don’t have access to yet, on top of having higher tiered magic, and ultimate art/shapes on more skills.

Shadow has stats that are higher than most other magics on average, and as a result, is designed to not synergize, and be the “stat stick” of magics. It’s a magic you can never really go wrong with, with it’s high speed, decent size, and actually relatively high damage. It may have negative synergies, but those synergies no longer apply for statuses inflicted by yourself, so you can use shadow with pretty much any other magic as just a “stat stick”

you forget mages will be the only class that can get 2 lost magics or 1 lost magic and 1 ancient magic while every other magic subclass will only be able to get 1 lost magic (or 1 ancient magic but i’m not sure if they’re able to get an ancient magic)

He was literally within range in that very clip.

And yes shadow’s identity of no synergies and being a basic magic with good stats is its identity.

I didn’t mention that because i figured it was a given when i said mages get their third magic while others get their second, but i guess it doesn’t hurt to mention as well for clarity