Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Beast instinct is objectively trash and just opens you to getting bodied by literally any class.
Press shift once to get out of the area, and punish with a placed explosion, weapon skill, crash, or grab/snare.
Doesn’t get much easier.

The bug of damage not being affected by Vitality unless you’re a Vitality hybrid is nice, but I’m still confused on this. Why should pure builds be able to invest into Vitality and use Spirit Weapons? What’s the point of me going Paladin over Mage, if a Mage with enough Vitality is going to be able to use the Spirit Weapons that I can while also getting access to a third magic, as well as being capable of having 2 Lost / 1 Lost + 1 Ancient magics compared to Paladin only being able to get 1 Lost or Ancient?

The lack of a Vitality lockout quite literally makes actually going any Vitality build aside from Warden pointless. If you’re a 60% Magic 40% Vitality Paladin, you will always be outclassed by 61% Magic 39% Vitality Mage, and gain nothing special or unique for your class due to the Mage being able to use Spirit Weapons just as effectively as you. If you’re a 60% Strength 40% Vitality Juggernaut, you will always be outclassed by 61% Strength 39% Vitality Berserkers, and gain nothing special or unique for your class due to the Berserker being able to use Spirit Weapons just as effectively as you.

Why would you ever go a 60/40 Vitality hybrid if there’s no lockout for pure builds who want to invest in Vitality?

2 Likes

Mage is also the best, and berserker is the worst lol

1 Like

I completely agree with all the strength buffs, styles just seem so weak rn. Still, as berserker loses its 10% dmg buff it feels more and more like it doesn’t really have anything unique. I’d say mage is the same, but magics have actual synergy together, while your second fighting style seems pretty much useless unless you wanted to go cannon fist for a strongly mediocre range option. I made an earlier suggestion that allows berserker to actually “master” their first style for small buffs and mitigating some of the styles downsides, but I don’t really know what should be done if anything lol

1 Like

Also if all the boxing changes get added I’m definitely going that, I wanted to do boxing anyway and that’ll actually make it good

1 Like

I had an idea for fighting styles to each get passives that would apply to other fighting styles. Like if you had thermofist and boxing, thermofist would get maybe half of the blocking buff and some muthai(I absolutely butchered that) wraps with thermofist and some increased knock back and speed. With boxing you’d build heat and have increased speed(maybe .6x effectiveness or less) with heat and such. And at a high threshold you’d apply burn(instead of thermofist 66% req, you’d need 80-85% to apply burn with your second fighting style)

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds neat, something I heard was fighting style imbuement with each other, like iron leg gives the coating and a small dmg buff, boxing gives a slight speed buff and knockback, thermo fist lets you use heat on the other style, etc. tbh, I like imbuement the most because it’s the simplest and easiest to implement

6 Likes

Megumin builds about collapse

1 Like

That was what I was implying but I forgot what it was called lmfao

I could talk about how a certain magic didn’t get any change on the doc yet, but it’s still too early in the day for me to start eating glass.

Sesame Street Eating GIF by Muppet Wiki

Instead, I came here today with another question.

Ice was buffed because it is a worse snow. While I can understand that ice is basically a slower snow, it still has some really good synergies ice doesn’t have, right? Such as self-synergy with Freezing, a good synergy with bleeding and a better synergy with Soaked than the one Snow has. I can’t help but to wonder if these synergies (and having better clash) aren’t enough to make up for the 0.2x speed snow has compared to ice.

To be fair, snow also has the snowy effect that obstruct vision similar to sand so in the end, they might be still rather comparable, even with the ice buffs.

Yeah if warlord can imbue onto weapons, berserker should be able to imbue/fuse fighting styles. Although it might only get changed so one side isn’t neglected to charge thermo.

Yeah, I think that’s fine for thermo, and I think that’s the best way to make berserker unique within reason

Trello already states spirit weapons will be specifically for hybrid classes. Vetex can simply make it so you need warden/vit hybrid awakening to use them. Something similar is already in game where if you awaken as a paladin at level 120 and then use remaining points to become a mage you wont get the benefit of 10% dmg increase.

Wardens sitting with 4k hp and not even a spirit weapon
kek?

I’d hope that’s what he does, but since everything else in the game simply has numbered Magic / Strength / Weapons requirements, I kind of doubt Spirit Weapons will have anything but a numbered Vitality requirement. There is no word at all about them being locked to Vitality builds alone, rather than just investment into the stat.

It’s the worst kind of buff because it makes it braindead while not actually buffing it at all.
As I have iterated prior, this change makes…

• Charging spells
  • Ultimate moves
  • Magic and debuff synergies
  • Spells stronger than the basic blast
  • Difficult to land spells/moves

Entirely worthless.
The new best way to use poison is to max out intensity and select the easiest, fastest attack to land and spam it. Playing it with mage is a nightmare because synergy does nothing for it and you have to run full intensity to get good mileage out of it.
So if your second magic doesn’t have a damaging status you build is going to have to choose one magic or the other to utilize, the second of which is going to benefit not too much since very few magics (only plasma off the top of my head) even do more damage to poisoned targets.

Not really a buff either because it drastically lowers maximum potential, as, again, everything that increases your damage does… Nothing for it. Only intensity matters.
You can see my prior posts for more arguments against the change, but in short it just makes poison too gimmicky for a basic magic.
The strategies that will be put in place to use it optimally will be nothing short of… “Toxic” I assure you.

2 Likes

Wait why are we nerfing Earth??

Size magics are meta

Metal with 0 individual changes:

One easy fix is to change the bleed threshold to match earth at 33% because 5% is negligible. Applies to wood as well. Or just remove the bleed entirely