Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

I disagree, i think the damage and DoT make metal what it is, i think a size nerf for metal would make sense, as if it was more dense

Lowering its damage changes its identity imo

Size and damage also make earth what it is yet earth has a size nerf. The damage would be slightly less since it’s just harder to apply the bleed, but the damage size and DoT are still there.

The bleed is basically guaranteed when it’s 5% threshold. Plus +5% damage with bleed synergy. It’s just overtuned

Metal itself isn’t that crazy, its auras and pulsars are getting nerfed

2 Likes

I’m just comparing the buffs, but yeah warriors do get better weapons (Ravenna Greatsword is one example, I heard it’s AOEs are massive)

Pulsar nerf was definitely needed. Power aura only reduces it from 20% to 15%. With 1x impact damage and the highest power aura, why does it have a 5% damage bleed threshold? It’s a free dot on hit, makes more sense to for it to be higher like earth since its a hard hitter.

speaking in favor of metal here (ah! controversial!) the current state of pulsar and size allow those stacks to be applied very easily regardless of being the slowest magic. if both of those get tuned down, the bleed stack can probably stay so when metal hits, it can hit hard

(btw, do those “33% hp for status effect” things even work? I see people apply bleeding with every attack and they’re definitely not 3 shotting people)

What if metal’s bleed threshold was changed to proc at least 10/15% of the target’s health on hit?

Slower and smaller than earth with the same impact dmg. Bleed is to assure it being the heaviest hitting magic.

Against glass cannon builds 33% is easy for the heavys. Especially if it’s full power builds that do 500-1500.

That would be fine though preferably 20%. 5% of 1000 is 50 so if you (glass cannon) blocked a blast you would still get bled, then hit with a charged ultimate explosion with self synergy (also might be removed). I suggested 33% to match with earth since they’re both 1x impact, high size. Wood also has 5% and has 0.95x impact.

You mean, like if it was fixed damage? Whenever metal inflicted bleed, that bleed would inflict 10 to 15% of the target’s total health?

You mean 20% of the target’s total health as DoT when bleed procs?

Cries in glass conjurer user

They mean instead of causing bleed when dealing 5% of an opponent’s health, it’s instead caused at a higher damage threshold so that it’s not as easy for metal to cause bleed

1 Like

they mean the amount of damage needed to apply the BLEEDING effect
example: you need to deal 33% of someone’s health to apply bleed with earth or paralyze with lightning

OH! got it.

The threshold of damage inflicted to cause bleed.
LOL that scared me for a second

Ty!

so true

17 Likes

this is INSANE

We need someone to do the official vocals

water is supposedly a “catalyst” magic. it has the worst synergies with pretty much every effect. Soaked has the second worst synergies with pretty much every magic.

…what? That’s not how this is supposed to work. Thats not how any of this is supposed to work.

not to mention the only thing it really has on acid is size, but that doesn’t really matter when acid’s hazards are huge.

I think some brain cells might’ve gone missing for some of the testers.

(btw acid, on top of being just statistically better besides size, gives corroding, which has the BEST SYNERGY in the GAME. Also acid is like top three in effect synergies. Something definitely went wrong here.)

Water self-synergy or synergy buff please, please. Water has the worst offensive synergy average and its status soaked has the 2nd worse synergy average. Water is strongly outclassed by magics like acid and magma in synergy when it is supposed to be a catalyst and has no dot but is outclassed by dot magics in synergy.
Water self synergy would help increase people picking it as a primary instead of just a secondary for stun synergy. It has no dot so it would help it be competitive with dot. Also people can just use sunken sword or sailor fist or the environment instead of wasting their magic on water for soaked. Water needs synergy.

okay self synergy is getting removed. I’m not gonna repeat myself anymore.

2 Likes