Are bosses this unbalanced all the time?

Coming from a fire user, that comment don’t mean much to me.
:clown_face:

Elius was easy wdym I beat em 2nd try with a knight build on my first playthrough

Tanky builds are made for him, I think, if not learning how to dodge/block. Which the second I have learned to utilize better since.

Vitality builds are ass wdym knight is the only one thats SOMEWHAT viable

Honesty, I have to agree with that statement, had tested various builds, and Knight does seem at least a bit viable to vit/weapon builds. Shame grab input skills don’t work on NPCs, or never have for me.

Gonna pick out the solution now, but thanks to the ones who helped me at least, and none to those who kinda did nothing but clown with their “Skill Issue” and their “Git Gud”. I will be leaving this post to rot now.

People are fighting Elius way underleveled. Elius is hard because you are trying to fight him at level 50 or 55. Of course you are gonna beat him at 55, he isn’t meant to be fought that early.

If you fight him at the intended level (60) he is a very fun boss. He is still hard but with enough skill you can beat him. He is a decent challenge but he’s meant to be hard due to him being a skill check boss. Fighting him at level 60 the average player can beat him within 5 tries. No he’s not broken, you’re just underleveled.

How to level up:
Complete the quest at Cirrus Island and Palo Town
Farm some cargo.
Fish
And farm merlot with cheese (past 1.12 this won’t work)

1 Like

I beat him at level 50-54 iirc :fr:

I don’t main fire but okay

(I killed elius on a berserker and warrior file so… :person_shrugging: )

Also if you really want help this is what I do on every file to kill him basically
I just spam m1 or use dash/slashing moves
if I see him stand still for a second I try to projectile him

If he starts healing on his second phase try to hold the casting blast and once you know the green indicator is about to come out, use your attack immediately so that when he heals, he heals less.

When he slams onto the ground and rises in the air, hold g immediately. Its when he uses some axe-slash and lifts up into the air causing like a 100 damage thunderstrike to the ground. You can parry the air attack slam if you know when its abot to strike

When hes charging up his storm spear you can try to get a free hit in or a lot if you get close and spam m1 him while hes charging. However this is risky and might not always work and you scarifice a bit of your health. If you don’t know how to counter, hold G instead.

When you see him take his bow out, I usually wait until he uses it with that wind whirling sound. After he uses it I dash to him immediately as I know the arrows will not hit me and I can get in free hits. HOWEVER, the arrow rain ability can be affected by objects so the destruction of the arena might fuck it up, its similar to placing explosion but you can’t put it further because a wall or something is blocking the way.

When hes teleporting everywhere, try and get a free hit in even if hes gonna teleport. Usually he stays on a pillar for two seconds and charges up some ability or you can try to predict what pillar he’ll be on (if you see him move to a pillar in the air look towards the pillar and fire a projectile at it.

However, this is harder on phase two

When fighting phase two I recommend two graphics as you can see better, better fps, and see all his abilities. However, graphics one it disables the charging effects for his spear throw

Though about the skill issue, technically thats what its about. Elius requires skill to kill, if you’re fighting him that’s just gonna be lady carina but shitter with speed. I recommend doing Elius and reading how he attacks like Calvus.

ELIUS SUCKS THE LOSER KEEPS HEALING ALL MY DAMAGE OFF MID FIGHT AND BLINDS ME WITH LIGHTNING PARTICLES IN PHASE 2

Calvus is almost always a fun fight even if he has a pocket nuke and cancer AOEs

his racist 2nd phase multi blast tho

True, true, and the passive blasts
But despite all of that I like calvus more than Elius
Elius can go drown in the whispering caverns

Graphics 2:

ikr those passive blasts make him unpunishable most of the time its such bs

I hate seeing them come out when you’re aiming at him to cancel his pillar
Worst attack in phase one and second worst in phase 2, only losing to the multiblast

mfs when calvus sends a passive blast out while charging a pillar, destroying their attempt to cancel it:

1 Like

People fr denying that boss is bad :rofl:

I soloed elius am I cool now

(I was level 61)