Are there any advantages to not having magic?

my brother in Christ the gods gave us magic

it was weapons and fighting styles that we made ourselves ( well fs at least, dunno about weapons, at least the first ones )

1 Like

Reject god given crutches embrace man made inventions

7 Likes

I do wonder how humans came across both arcanium and the method to make it

fck around and find out, like how we do in real life probably

“hm, this salt can conduct magic it seems… wonder what will happen if i put it into Tom’s sword” or something like that

and then theres the cursed ancient daggers… which aint even arcanium

probably some form of ancient magic

i wish strength and weapons could eventually equal magic, though it would take copious amounts of training. although could some dude get like an arcanium cestus or gloves/weapon and poof your as strong as a magic user (just limited to only that set weapon)

i guess the advantage would be the ability to change on command (or at least as a possibility compared to mages)

Did you know that in terms of magic and magicless life spans, magic users have a distinct advantage? Unlike their magicless counterparts who may be lucky to reach a century, magic people can defy time itself, living up to a staggering 1000 years. Beyond longevity, each magic possesses unique abilities that seamlessly integrate into every aspect of life, providing unparalleled advantages. From enhancing physical prowess to mastering intellectual pursuits, magic spells offer a cornucopia of utility. It’s clear that having magic is not just a privilege but a necessity, making magic users simply superior to magicless worms.

2 Likes

Hmm, this mention of sensing makes me wonder… is there a way in lore for someone to actually conceal what their power level is from others? Thinking like in Frieren or something. Its a concept I wanna play with my character, but idk if its even possible for Mages. Or maybe there is a way, just that a lot of people deem it unnecessary? I mean, more people would be after you think you’re weak and being strong means that people can just avoid you. It might even be considered cowardly. Just wondering…

Didn’t vetex confirm that there will be a way to conceal ones power level when discussing sensing in one of his streams?

Oh, did he? I though it was just changing power level and thus the damage you deal in your attacks rather than actually concealing your energy.

That’s also a thing, albeit separate from sensing

well, your more likely not to get assassinated when you start out getting strong and most people will just skip by you, but people likely start to see you as a threat the stronger you grow, especially since it takes more dedication than magic and it might loop back around to you being MORE likely to be assassinated because your foes are concerned by your pursuit of strength and more people will notice you.

and besides, whats stopping a warlock/conj from just, doing the same as you and probably being stronger just because they have magic. it would probably demoralize you on the spot seeing someone put in less effort and getting more reward.

and then we have spirit weapon users just skedaddling around doing who the fuck knows what, but hey they can atleast get to around the strength of a mage and theres probably some lore benefit to being a spirit weapon user, so thats something.

Any mage can become a warlock or conjurer, lore-wise. You just need to swing weapon or punch well and imbue them with magic, just like mages did with dodge reflex

It can

My level 1000 file limited to 5% power when the level 434 player almost kills me:
“Alright, time to get serious”

1 Like

“Imma start trying now”

the only advantage to not being able to uses magic is that you can join the ‘we hate wizards’ club, where they eat cookies all day while singing sea shanties and drinking seawater and stuff
very entertaining to watch

aww man i can’t join (im going to make a weapon savant)

2 Likes

MY MAN YOU ARE NOT FRIEREN, STOP USING 10% OF YOUR POWER 24/7 :sob: