Arish Vista's Family Drama EXPOSED đŸ˜± (Cirrus dialog theories)

The Nimbus Sea is releasing soon, so people won’t be hanging out around the Bronze Sea as much as they used to. Thus, I thought I’d share some cool dialog I found in Cirrus Island. I did a similar topic to this one for Redwake, which you can check out here: Dawn Island is NOT Dawn Island

Anyway, where should I start? You can talk to Arish’s mom on Cirrus Island, who talks very proudly of her son. She mentions that Arish plans to leave Cirrus to grow more powerful on his own. She also says that the first sign he had of being a magic user was his hand glowing the color of his magic (a neat piece of info that I’ve incorporated into my own character’s story).

Arish’s dialog also confirms that he’s planning to leave town. I feel almost certain that we’re going to encounter him again later on. He seems like a pretty cool guy, just like his magic. Working hard to make his loved ones proud.

Speaking of his loved ones, Arish has a sister, which you can tell by her surname. She’s not very good with skyships, though

Also, Arish’s mom is the only one in the family to have gray hair rather than black. Maybe she’s really old? You can’t tell by her face because wrinkles don’t exist in the arcane universe :sob:
Jokes aside, thinking about Maisy Vista’s age makes me realize that Arish will probably outlive everyone he knows and loves, and by a lot. Magic increases your lifespan by hundreds of years; the more skilled you are the longer you live, and Arish is one of if not the only mage in the whole town. Ironically, the very same dedication to making his family proud is ultimately what’s going to leave him all alone. Unless he makes some new magic-wielding friends on his travels :eyes:
Or he could raid a kingdom and steal a bunch of sea curses for his whole family (based)

I hope Arish Vista’s tragically high lifespan is relevant the next time we meet him, so that I can finally call AO peak fiction.

But anyway, that’s enough spilling the riveting tea of the Vista bloodline. Here’s a fun fact about the Djin Ruins, the place where you fight Elius!

Mia Veil’s relative, Arnold Veil, also seems very inquisitive about the nature of the world, and how it became the way it is. I guess curiosity runs in the family.

Interesting foreshadowing to us possibly meeting a scientist who studies magic? That would be really cool if you ask me. I wonder if he may even be one of the 3 new members of our group Vetex confirmed we would be meeting in the Nimbus Sea during the QNA?

Considering Mathew Matus was studying island clouds, and even hinted at wanting to next research the origins behind these clouds and how land got atop them, I highly suspect that we will be meeting him at Skyhall.

And looking at where he lived, and the state the place is in now, yeah, I think Max was right, there was definitely an explosion here.

It could have been an experiment gone wrong, but I think it’s more likely he was attacked. I suspect the Order of Aesir is the culprit. Attacked in an attempt to abduct him. I mean, it’s only natural that an organization dedicated to furthering the power of magic would want a scientist who specializes in studying magic and made a groundbreaking discovery about island clouds? And, if the Order was the reason he had to leave, it would give him a great reason to join us in our quest during the storyline.

Although
 According to the date in his notes, this was 22 years ago. Would he really still be studying island cloud origins today? I mean, I guess scientific research does take a long time, right? And even if his cloud research was finished years ago, Skyhall would be a pretty nice place to remain, right? They wouldn’t accept any suspicious sea-dwellers, so the Order wouldn’t easily be able to make another abduction attempt. (I’m just coping and hoping Mathew Matus is going to be important :sob:)
MathewMatusNote
ArcaneOdysseyChapter1

Moving on
 Max Nebula’s dad was the one who taught him everything he knows about Mathew Matus. Mr. Nebula seemed to have known Mathew personally, and was part of the group who investigated his home after hearing the explosion. We’ve got two candidates for who Max Nebula’s dad could be:
Scott Nebula, the guy behind the treasure hunt quest

Or Louis Nebula, the sky pumpkin farmer.

Louis looks old enough to be their grandpa, so maybe Scott is the father? But it’s also possible they’re just an old family and Louis is the dad while Scott is just Max’s big brother.

Maybe Mathew Matus was Scott’s best friend, and the reason he’s so obsessed with making games is because he needs something cheerful to cope with the loss
 (crack theory)

Something to note is that Louis Nebula knows a thing or two about magic energy and the effect it has on plants. This is a lot like Mathew Matus, who researched magic energy’s effect on clouds. Louis calls this “my research,” so it’s unlikely he got the info entirely from Mathew, unless he’s the type to take credit for others’ work. But still, they have a highly-specific shared interest. I wonder if Louis and Mathew were very close, or even collaborated on research together?

Anyway, this next string of dialog I saved for much later in the topic, because it’s something I think most people have already heard of. There is a religion that worships Theos! Interestingly, they call him the Great Protector rather than the War Phoenix. And Durza is referred to as the Vengeful Darkness, which makes sense, as this guy definitely holds a grudge. He learned dead revival magic and made an entire zombie army just because some city guard mopped the floor with him in front of the whole town.

I wonder if any other powerful figures are worshipped in the War Seas? Freedrock DEFINITELY seems like the type of guy you’d make a religion out of. I mean, he comes back from the dead.

This isn’t very interesting at all, but since I’ve been listing everyone else’s entire family trees, I feel obligated to point out that Daisy Cirro is related to the sky shipwright.

Hmm, I wonder if the reason these Theos worshippers chose to live on sky islands is because they want to be closer to him? Inventing skyships to replicate the War Phoenix’s majestic power of flight. Food for thought.

The folks at the sky picnic all share surnames with other characters. Samuel might be Arish’s dad? Maddison is related to the curious Mia and Arnold. And Emily might be Daisy’s sister.

I wonder if everyone in the Cirro family worships the Great Protector? If not, does that cause any conflict in the family, or are they all accepting of Daisy’s path in life?

24 Likes

Wow, somehow I completely forgot about the shop owners :skull:

Relatives of Mia, Arnold, and Maddison

AliciaVeil

Relatives of Max, Scott, and Louis. The Nebula lore runs deeper
 It’s interesting to me that the Auctioneer is part of the Nebula line, since we know Louis is a fan of “get-rich-quick” schemes. I wonder if they’re up to any shady business practices behind the scenes? Just helping a brother out, I guess.

JackNebula

Lastly, more of Arish’s relatives! His family is way bigger than I thought. More pride to go around, and just more people for our favorite Snow Mage to outlive.
MasonVista

No one from the Cirro line owns a shop, except Grant who just stands around all day giving out free sky ships for anyone to crash or abandon. Sucks to suck, I guess. Though, the fact that he gives sky ships completely free of charge just makes me further believe that this is a religious practice, not something he’s in for money. Maybe he finds his calling in life by generously bringing travelers closer to their Great Protector, their almighty Phoenix, via the power of flight?

17 Likes

Lots of interesting tid-bits here. Good searching! I hope we’ll find more people who follow the Protector.

7 Likes

These type of post are ones that makes me appreciate AO even more as I sometimes overlook it.

I’m glad I could do that for you!

1 Like

feel like we’ll find his notes scatter across the world and maybe meeting him for some lore, dont think he’ll joining us tho, maybe as a temporary support at most

if this is true then it could be possible yeah

its unlikely considering its a relatively small town, but its possible that they are distant relatives aka people who once shared a close family but eventually drifted apart over time

i mean, just because two people share the same last name irl doesnt mean they are family no?

2 Likes

“WHO WILL YOU HAVE AFTER HUNDREDS OF YEARS?! THINK, ARISH, THINK!”

3 Likes

Good

Ezinor Fans → :face_holding_back_tears:

if only sky pumpkins were worth something

Mages are afforded the luxury of being able to work on a much longer time table, so if people were right that he was a mage then I’d imagine he could still easily be thinking about clouds. Granted thats if the order doesn’t have him and is forcing him to do other stuff.

2 Likes

LOL I forgot about him

To be fair the moment we get another quartermaster we’re going to replace them.

these are some interesting stuff! only one stupid question remains on my mind tho
 can we eat cirrus island clouds?

thats a LOT of hearts

damn this game is amazing

Why did you make me do this? You’re fighting so you can watch everyone around you die! Think, Arish! You’ll outlast every fragile, insignificant being on this planet. You’ll live to see this world crumble to dust and blow away! Everyone and everything you know will be gone! What will you have after 500 years?"

As for mages extended lifespan I wonder if it’s a skill mages learn or something they have by default?

1 Like

Seems to be a default.

holy! keep cooking, even i, as someone who has read every single NPC line in the game, didn’t pay enough attention to this, good job :clap:

1 Like

if arish vista joins our group im gonna be so happy ngl

1 Like