My fps starts to drop when I turn the camera fast near Ravenna

1 Like

1 Like

yeah, repeated imbuement seems to cause FPS dips. hereā€™s a video:

3 Likes

:skull:

1 Like

destroying structures, magic

I get bad fps when Iā€™m hit by solid magic, large explosions and when I use attacks with lots of particles like beast instinct, ravenna is very laggy, ship combat never makes me lag

i heard some people got better fps when merlot/kai was patched, so thereā€™s that (could be using spells/weapon skills/destruction/killing npcs)

The Ravenna great sword q move will nuke fps if your within destructible structures, simply making it less destructive would solve the issue.

Raiding ships and killing crews, specially ketches and caravels (it also lags a bit when you use any spell besides explosion, thats another story)

and when loading in any island (ex: frostmill, jaws, ravenna and orthys)

Memory Leak w/ Fighting Style Imbuement + M1s, even when not imbued

After equipping my fighting style once as an awakened warlock (it automatically imbues when I do this), I unimbued it and kept it unimbued for about an hour.

After about an hour, I tried m1ing with my fighting style, and my frames froze briefly every time I m1ed. The same thing happened when I reimbued my fighting style with light. Every m1, imbued or unimbued, caused the FPS drops, indicative of a memory leak.

Magic: Light Magic
Fighting Style: Iron Leg

1 Like

note: frame drops are different from memory leaks, ive seen people say stuff about terrain destruction and stuff, thats just lag. a memory leak is when something continually worsens your fps, or drops you fps and keeps it that way.

example: infinite yields, or if something never despawns would be a memory leak

3 Likes

Well, there was this moment where I was using sand magic on a navy ship and my fps dropped to single digits when I used a sand magic pillar, not sure if it was because I had 150 magic size orthis, but thought Iā€™d point it out

One of my friends has a 20 explosion beam they use to completely freeze the game for everybody who sees it and the FPS never seems to fully recover.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on with the explosion magic beam effect but it is not ok.

Started losing frames whenever I was fighting bosses, shooting cannons on my ship, or just sailing in general. All these things happened near Ravenna, I believe people where fight king calvus as well which might relate to the lag spikes.

I have encountered a performance issue exclusively with the farming of mini boss Alpha, who is located in Wind-Row Island, resulting in a significant reduction in the frame rate of my system.

Iā€™ve got a higher end PC and some good wifi, so that makes lag spikes especially notable for me.

From my experience, I notice it whenever I load into Ravenna. (especially whenever the disguise doesnā€™t load)

Iā€™ve also had moments when Iā€™ve sailed up to a pirate ship, the ship doesnā€™t notice/react to my presence, I sink the ship, and the ship spontaneously teleports somewhere nearby, but is still sunk. It might be that the generation of debris may be a contributor, but thatā€™s just my theory.

1 Like

when I do a barrage of anything really if drops the frames quite a bit, ik this isnā€™t my pc either because it was doing just fine up until a bit ago

doing stuff on ravenna makes my game lag a lot as well, idk what it is thats there tho

It might be something with the inventory, on my new slot when i fish theres nothing wrong but in the same server on a maxed slot (with a lot of items) the recieved and ping spikes (more noticable on older servers) when you attempt to reel in the fish. Not sure if this is what youre looking for or if its just a me issue.

Explosion beam is literally leaking memory, the fx and the sfx all sound so RIGID