Bards In Taverns

Details

Looking at the trello card of planned items to be added in the game, instrument tools are going to be added. Assuming the instrument tools are going to be musical instruments, i’ve thought of a bard NPC that would be in taverns and such. There would only be one bard in each tavern since they’ll have a feature that would only require one bard in the tavern.

What could the bard NPCs do? They could do the following:

Play Instrumental Music - When interacting with the bard npc, you’ll have an option where you can ask the bard to play something, though at the cost of galleons. The cost though wont be expensive since it’ll only be an NPC that would play instrumental music, let’s say twenty galleons. When the bard NPC is playing, those who are inside the tavern will have their island theme volume be lowered, this is so that they can listen to the bard playing. The bard will not stop playing the music until it reached the ending of the song, meaning you cant ask for it to play a song if the bard is still playing a song.

Buying Music Sheets - Considering some players who would have musical instruments dont know how to compose a song, they would be able to buy music sheets from bards in order to atleast be able to play music that sounds good. When using a musical instrument, there will be a small button where you can click to show and use music sheets, this way, they can follow the music sheet.

Buying Musical Instruments - Looking at the trello, I dont know whether or not obtaining a musical instrument would be easy or not, like be it obtainable through loots or buyable from shops. If it’s buyable from a shop, the bard NPC will be the perfect NPC that would sell them. They’ll have the instrument being sold depending on what the bard is using. For example, it the bard is using a lire, then lires would be the instrument being sold.

Changing Bards - In a certain amount of time, bards would start to change. This way, different instruments can be bought from them. The amount wont be that short though, in order to not lower the fps of the game, let’s say it’ll take about an hour until the bards would change. This would give the thought of bards travelling and that they wont stay in the tavern permanently since bards often travel the world.

OP’s Note - I cant think of more that the bard would be able to do aside from these four since I made this suggestion with the theme of musical instruments considering they’re planned to be added in the future. Perhaps the bards could also do side quests that’s repeatable.

I don’t mind this

Quick question though, how was the banjo obtained in Arcane Adventures? That is if you’ve played the game

I got my banjo from chests

Oh, then I guess the musical instruments would be obtained through chests as well, though I hope it can also be bought in shops

I mean, there could be a traveling merchant/shop that sells instrument

Oh yeah, though I rarely see merchants selling any tools

yes.

Didn’t even read the suggestion, just yes.

1 Like

I just read the first few sentences and just voted instantly.

Best idea. Gives realism. Isn’t difficult to code or add. A detail to feature vetex would not mind adding.

For once. I cannot imagine a single reason why anyone would try and refute this that doesn’t involve rushing vetex.

reasons why I want instrumental in AO

I agree. Have a vote.

But don’t remind me of Genshin again. Those who have played should know what I mean.

genshin shitpact

ah yes

a pact of shit

not my problem you don’t like it, it’s also not a problem if you don’t like it

reason why I mentioned it is because there’s an NPC nearby the door of a tavern, which impedes you from leaving in peace

I don’t have any problem with this so yeah why not.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.