Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #10! šŸŽˆ

The Odyssey Feed :birthday::balloon::confetti_ball:
The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey
Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

3/20/2021. Welcome to Issue 10! Weā€™re in the double digits! :partying_face:

Trello News

Welcome back to another issue of Odyssey Feed! Weā€™ve hit several milestones recently, both in AO development and in the newspaper. Vetex has accomplished 60/113 goals in his to-do list! However, the remaining tasks will be much harder. Share your thoughts here in this topic by @Ultra.

Also a bit of a short week due to OF coming out super late. However, weā€™ve got some pretty cool news to share with you, even if short. :nod:

Remember the sailboat? Well, thatā€™s what almost all of the news this week is on. Here we go!

The sailboat has been added. Itā€™s stats, behavior, and shipyard UI were also finished. But this is old news, isnā€™t it? Letā€™s move on :point_right:. The sailboat is now listed in the ā€œShipsā€ tab of the Shipwright store. Which means theyā€™re purchasable! Well, maybe not yet. But soon! Also, you can now switch between your owned boats at the Shipwright. It will keep the colors and name, but youā€™ll have to equip your things again. This could be interesting.

Remember the gamepass though, haha. Iā€™m sure it will most likely be cheap. Weā€™ll have to see! :money_with_wings::fr:

Also, ship lanterns can now be turned on and off via clicking. :frhigh: Itā€™s details like this that really put the immersion factor into the game and make it so great!

Similar to the Ship Lantern detail, we have some more small but cool things. For example, bulk selling has been reoptimized. This was something that might have annoyed several people, but fear no more!

But now for something biggerā€¦

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 5.28.48 PM

See that? Well, thatā€™s pretty coolā€¦ More customization! Remember when people were complaining about the lack of boat personality recently? No? Well, they didnā€™tā€¦ :fr: Anyways, this is what I personally really wanted! Now, we can have different colors for almost every single part of our boat! This will certainly add much more immersion than these boats had before, with every single little bit of love being poured into our new boats. :rainbow: The color combos people are gonna make will be insane! Felt this coming, glad that it did.

But did you see what was above that? Sailboats can now be purchased! If I remember, sailboats were pretty expensive in Arcane Adventures if you went off the story alone. Hopefully it will be easier!

We have one more version to cover, that being v1.5.26! Take a look.

First, the sails for our new Sailboat are fully functional! When these are toggled (From a key or a GUI button, the latter most likely) The boat will speed up and move forward, similar to how they did in AA. You can then even exit your captainā€™s seat and do other things like walk around on the boat while itā€™s moving forward. :nod:

Hey, remember your boat getting attacked and sunken, then being stranded on Permafrost Island while you wait a million years for it to respawn, or running around trying to scrape up the money to fix it :sleeper:?

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 5.37.30 PM

Well, now that I think of it, that doesnā€™t really have to do with itā€¦ We already covered how the boat will fix itself over time in previous issues, unlike it did in Arcane Adventures. :nod:

But, youā€™ve probably had your boat despawn on you before, and that could be annoying when youā€™re trying to get away from something. They wonā€™t despawn now unless you die and donā€™t enter the driving seat for a long time, so you can just hop on in. Even if you die, you can get back to it. Something small but great!

Also, animations for both the wheel and the character when turning your ship have been added. Itā€™s going to look super good, and very dynamic! :face_with_monocle:

Anyways, thatā€™s it for this week. While some people might not even notice some of the small things Vetex adds, they certainly improve the experience. And some of these big things, like ships, players couldnā€™t imagine being without. Also, thanks for reading the Odyssey Feed, through our tenth issue. :wave::nod::+1:

Forum Topics of the Week

Hereā€™s a quite interesting topic by @anon85429269. Who would win, 1 billion lions, or 1 of every pokemon. Before itā€™s closure, it had 380 replies, and people were getting pretty heated. It was pretty cool to read through and see peopleā€™s opinions with the blurry rules. Who do you think would win? Share in the comments! :point_down:

And now, for a dose of Arcane Odyssey suggestions. Hereā€™s Bards in Taverns by @Dogleg. Here, we see a new Bard NPC, who can be paid to play music. :nod: You can also buy sheet music for instruments. Remember the playable banjo in Arcane Adventures? Me too. No doubt there will be more instruments in AO. It has almost 50 votes, so take a look!

Finally, weā€™ll end off with some new music. Forum hasnā€™t had a lot of music in itā€™s time, but the bit of it has been great. We had music last week as well, but didnā€™t see it. Oopsy! Anyways, this is the Low Battle Theme Re-orchestration by @Meta. Thereā€™s several different versions for preference. This is a remix made of the Battle Theme. Youā€™ve definitely heard this music a lot :sleeper:, but a remix might freshen things up! Lots of love went here, so check it out!

Art of the Week

This was the hardest art decision Iā€™ve ever had to make, since there was an insane amount of some of the best art Iā€™ve ever seen :ok_hand:. I have to decide though, so hereā€™s my pick.

Drumroll pleaseā€¦ :drum:

058f9939e467b52cb58ed2b32b759baf272d8739_2_333x500

You might have already known what was gonna happen here, and it was tough. :frpensive: But, hereā€™s a whopping 23 of @Rlkaā€™s World of Magic OCs in a single topic! Every single one has its own image as you can see, made with utmost effort and care. :ok_hand: Each represents one of the 23 magics in the game, and they have separate images and descriptions in the topic. Wonderful job!

But, there was just SO much good art this week, that iā€™ll even link some more for you to check out. The art this week was so goodā€¦ Hope youā€™ll see it all! :nod:

Writing of the Week

Guess what? This was hard to pick too, out of 3 very nice pieces of writing. But hereā€™s what won. Welcome The Perilous Quest by @silveryue. In this short piece, we can see a light wizard fight and win against what we assume to be The Minotaur in a a story filled with blinding detail and quality. Nice job! :+1:

Hereā€™s a Puzzle For Youā€¦

Last weekā€™s Riddle Solver isā€¦ @archrono! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer wasā€¦ 23!

~

This weekā€™s Riddle isā€¦

48189/717Guild

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next weekā€™s issue! No cheating!

Thanks for reading this weekā€™s edition of The Odyssey Feed! Shoutout to everyone who supported me and this whole forum for giving me an amazing time writing this. Itā€™s been a special journey! :pray:

19 Likes

did you forget that most ship colors cost robux

1 Like

yes :fr:

Vulcan would have got into the news but we donā€™t go into guild drama at all.

Anyways, thanks for everyone who read this newspaper all the way to the double digits, and everyone else! :nod::+1:

1 Like

how dare you not include me
you have betrayed me and all of my trust
im getting abdiel on you now
hell 1v1 you at the sand pit

ok nevermind you have been forgiven

1 Like

RLKA ART OF THE WEEK :LFG:
W

1 Like

fuck i need to get back to writing anIASIDFHASIIDHUAFGugsd

1 Like

Im now tempted to do more writing just to be featured, lol

1 Like

And I shall beat both of you @Robotstics @LonesomeWolf .

Or not given that itā€™s firestorm day again and I havenā€™t written a word.

1 Like

Weā€™ll see haha

Not if I get serious (which is never ;-; )

I do have a plan for a story series but Iā€™ve reached a roadblock on brainstorming.

1 Like

Keep on writing!

1 Like

Dang, people fighting over being featured in Odyssey Feed now. Knew this would happen heh.

Remember the riddle part and how you can get pinged/featured with that?

:nod:

I will be honest I am rather turned off by riddles these days.

Blame tech.

we are all mortals to his puppet scheme

i will fight you to get in the next version
even if the word bacon is said at the end

me whoā€™s planning to update ADIM prologue today:

In theory I can make a rainbow colored sailboat now

:poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2::poggers2:

Unfortunately the topic has to be made the week of the newspaper.

oh yea I forgot to say Iā€™m updating the chapter one this week too :troll: