Berserker vs weapon players

explain this then…1 ability is more than crash + rush combined

first:
He tried to run : skull :

second:
I am a weapon user and I take great offense

third:
how do you add your own music to a Medal video? I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while but I don’t have sound cloud

fourth:
wanna 1v1?

first: That’s not my video

second: get real

third: I use the vid and put it in editor apps

fourth: no, unless u have high bounty

damn, I don’t have a high bounty

The rushdown into smash in question:
496fbf0d264f9096a87b42e4d1e756fb-min

Your G Key:
:sleepy:

I think you just haven’t used anything other than weapons. Berserkers have the highest potential mobility but the longest cooldowns for it I suppose? Even then, a warrior who has any idea on what they’re doing can easily run away from almost any encounter. Current ‘Meta’ berserker playstyle fundamentally just boils down to weapons without the DPS, hitboxes, zoner ability, and less survivability.

From my experience fighting them, I think weapon users are a larger problem in terms of the game’s health than pulsar mages are. They have more or less everything you could ask for, and they’re also around as frequently used as mage. The balancing document worries me since it is not uncommon for you to see things like:

• "Damage: +40%
  • After Weapon Aura nerfs, this will keep Raging Impact as a small, slow, but powerful attack to give it a sense of identity."

For context, raging impact does upwards of 450 damage on power builds at the moment and has a small hitbox. Maybe post weapon-aura/conjurer nerfs it might be understandable, but a 40% damage increase is absurd regardless. You will literally be losing limbs to people who are using it regardless of if you have 1500 HP or more. Anyone who knows how to land this move at the moment probably won’t struggle landing it versus any close ranged build.

fought a thermo berserker with ~2.5k hp dealing 250 damage per shot that he consistently landed so personally i think berserker is fine

Max Charge shot at 20% size with 0 power does 144 damage at 0%, up to 165 at 100%

You’re lying. You don’t gotta lie about this kinda thing bro

not the same build i fought but bro has 1.8k hp dealing 228 damage per 50% uncharged shot
berserker is fine where it is, it has insane dps with high hp if optimized correctly

228 Damage per shot is absolutely abysmal regardless, you could at least bring up the higher damage shot builds. Berserker deals minimal damage outside of its M1 combo compared to warrior and mage

228 is def not abysmal (unless compared to a mage) considering how fast shot is and how much health a berserker can have

never seen this guy before, but dang, all berserkers think alike. I pretty much got the same build as him. The only difference is that I use sunken chestplate and argos helmet instead of arcsphere

Berserker gets out dps’ed by warrior and mage, as well as conjurer and warlord.

What u said more or less boils down to “228 is def not abysmal (unless compared to something that out dps’es it)”

im not talking about dps, im talking about raw damage stats compared to the function of the move (near instant beam) and the stats that the class can get

ofc storm of arrows is gonna do a lot of dmg b/c of how easy it is to dodge/block
staff e does need some tweaking considering how big its aoe is

“Raw damage stats”

Neither of us have any power accessories on. Pure raw damage shot versus pure raw damage blast

youre blatantly nitpicking at things i say without considering the rest of the argument

beams inherently do less damage than blasts, so using a blast as a comparison is weird as hell—youre comparing the lowest damaging move berserker has to a high damage move from a mage

berserkers can obtain 200+ damage beams WITH 1.8k hp, when optimized. ofc shot is going to do less than a mage beam considering fs’s are meant to rushdown rather than zone while mages are supposed to zone—shots are supposed to do less damage to incentivize going in.

berserkers (and warlocks) have other moves that do much more damage than a shot, the fact that shot can do 200+ damage on a rushdown class is already strong

fighting styles are fine where they are (need some endlag adjustments), weapons are fine (youre never going to be hit by a storm of arrows if you turn on your brain), and mages most definitely need a nerf

Now actually compare crash agaisnt a blast

and shot against beam

lol, guy’s pvp is just predictable

also overseer is ass, all 3 of them kept ganking on me at once and acting like its an achievement lol

20% Size no embodiment Crash

20% size Phoenix embodiment blast

Berserker’s highest possible damage move is iron leg ‘Smash’ with 20% size and 133 power. It goes to 455 with a poor bleed DOT. This is more or less impossible to land.
Shot is the second highest damage berserker skill. The rest of them consistently deal less than 300 at max power.
The only saving grace of shot as a move is that it scales well with the power stat, but it is impossible to get it to deal over 250 damage without putting everything else at a detriment.

Berserker’s rushdown playstyle is currently impossible to use properly, and the only way to play the class is shot spam and running. The class needs large buffs towards its playstyle at the bare minimum and reworks in others. Most fighting styles are gimmick fists that just deal objectively less damage than most of warrior’s options with a much smaller hitbox.

1 Like

That didn’t even look like max charged thermo