Best fishing rod in AO (Pity system)

Overview

Since fishing and sunken farming is stressful in both WoM and AO, our god and saviour Vetex decided to add a new feature called pity , it will give player 1 sunken each 3k catches. Some might say that its bad decision adding it because it will lower price of sunken, but you know what?

6s49lh

But a new question arise, what is new best fishing rod?

What WAS best fishing rod in WOM?

Due to WOM not having this new and cool pity system, players usually relied on their luck…Some catched sunken witning 500 tries, but some went 8000 catches with no sunken…And so people wanted to optimize their sufferings.

Best WOM fishing rod was Collector’s rod with Lure enchantments (Lure collector)

Why?

Long answer

Warning: You need to have brain to understand

Read whole comment section of this post.
Luring Collectors is dead, long live Luring Bronze

Short answer

User by the name of @Level (also known as “Mortal who beaten the Leader” or just “Math God”), made a small and simple table explaining that Luring collector is best because…

Luring Collector’s is better because it uses less bait and is quicker because fishing speed doesn’t include reeling in and re-casting which would put its score at ~1.25

Fishing Rod Item chance Lure Sunken over time score
Magnetic Collectors 1.5 0.8 1.2
Luring Collectors 1.25 1.05 1.3
Magnetic Bronze 1.05 1.25 1.3
Luring Bronze 0.8 1.5 1.2

What IS the best rod in AO

Luring Bronze / Bronze rod with Luring enchantment

And now lets talk why.
As i said above, a pity system was added in AO, so now players dont need to rely on their luck, but rather on how fast they can catch those 3k catches. And the best way to do it, is to get fishing rod with fastest catching rate, and its Luring Bronze.

Average amount of time needed for a catch with Luring Bronze is around 16 seconds (average of 20 catches is 16.87 sec), and so with a power of math, we can calculate following

In order to get 3k catches with Luring Bronze, we need ~14 hours

16.87 x 3000/ 60/60

16.87 - average time in seconds for catch
3k - catches we need for sunken
(16.87 x 3000)/60 - minutes
(16.87 x 3000)/60 /60 - hours

Poll time

Have you read the post, or just skipped to bottom?
  • Ye ye of course, i’ve read everything!!!1! :nerd:
  • Skipped :sunglasses:

0 voters

You understood everything?
  • Yes, Luring Bronze is the best
  • No
  • Yes, i understood all the math (how?)

0 voters

Mage gang is…
  • RISING!
  • Cool

0 voters

2 Likes

Mage gang has nothing to do with this.

I regret trying to read that post but I think I understood it (kind of).

1 Like

magnetic collectors >

true
and magnetic collectors will stay on top

This reminded me that I never properly looked into the idea of only reeling in item bags. I remember being busy with school right after making the rod comparisons, and probably just forgot about it afterwards.

At least now I know what I’m doing today… Or tomorrow… Or the day after…

1 Like

Only reeling item bags with luring collector’s still better

paladins

If you are having trouble understanding you do not meet the age recommendation to play AO. All he did was take the average time it took him to catch a fish and then multiplied it by 3000 to get the total time in seconds and then divided it by 60 to put it in minutes and divided by 60 again to put it in hours (no I am not late)

The forums of criticism and assumptions, along with insults and cheap shots.
Some people are just not all there you know, doesn’t mean they are 5 years old