Better Base Building Bureau (Clan Building Showcase and Tips Thread)

This is such a rude nitpick. They’re curtain walls; they don’t need to be fancy or detailed. Naturally, from a distance, the walls might not look good since you’ll notice the repetition, and the game’s LOD and shadows aren’t rendered, resulting in a flatter image with no contrast.

Sure, maybe they could add a few towers to break up the long space of empty walls, but building that many walls is already expensive. Why not appreciate the time, dedication, and effort put into building something like this?

And speaking your mind isn’t the issue; it’s making pointless criticism the first thing you say about something someone was excited and proud to share. Instead of opening up a discussion on how to improve the walls in that area, you just justify why it supposedly ruins their entire build.

It seems you don’t understand one of the basics of being respectful on this forum. You shouldn’t talk down to others as if you know better, especially when you haven’t offered any useful or creative insights for improvement. You haven’t shown any understanding of identifying problems, finding solutions, or applying fundamental design principles like consistency to achieve a desired result.

The fact that this user built a base on an island that some might not consider ideal, managed to construct a massive fort, gathered enough galleons to fund it, and made it look cool shows a high level of consistency and creativity. Yet, you dare to claim they don’t understand a fundamental aspect of design, completely disregarding the hard work and effort they put in, which proves the opposite.

Seriously, if you’re going to criticize someone’s hard work, then justify your criticism by acting like you know better, at least back it up with some actual substance and meaningful ideas; otherwise, you just come off as pompous.

25 Likes

i love u tobi

2 Likes

Blasted, out of likes! Feelings mutual friend. :heart: Tobi_lets_go

2 Likes

preach

another thing i don’t think some people understand is that this is literally an ingame building feature. its not gonna look as good as actual islands because you simply are a lot more limited with what you can do

4 Likes

Exactly! There are things that players can’t control, and I think instead of criticizing someone’s creation based on those aspects, we should all appreciate the effort and creativity.

2 Likes

Hope it’s alright I shared your build on twitter? I made sure to credit you.

(1) Tobi on X: “I wanted to share an amazing build I saw on the Arcane Odyssey forums made by Darkshadow56556! :european_castle: This community really can’t stop being surprising and creative! :raised_hands: #ArcaneOdyssey #ROBLOX https://t.co/MeI46mUtcs” / X

1 Like

the real tragedy is there’s no signs/letters, so I cant label my olive garden as such :frcryin:

I built some signs and decorations that haven’t made it in-game yet. Hopefully, those might give you more to work with if added.

3 Likes

Oh yeah thats awesome, its an honour actually

also decals like in the brig would be interesting (olive garden logo :nod:)

Just happy to see people building such amazing bases after only a few days. Genuinely mind-boggling!

2 Likes

FOR REAL! I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

I really enjoy this feature. Everyone has such unique ideas and I hope that everyone keeps going with this.

the leftmost new island

thanks tobi neptune appreciates it :heart:

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from… though your criticisms may extend more from the limits of the tools in the Building interface than the limits of the designer.

pathetic

3 Likes

Sandfall Claim (Sailors Symphony)

6 Likes

gonna post an update with it one i place more decorations

1 Like

Does anyone know how many reagent pots black reach and thyrols crossing supports?