Better Base Building Bureau (Clan Building Showcase and Tips Thread)

I have a cave so im just gonna do the ugly stuff down here for the barriers

(obviously still gonna be t4)

how’d you even get that much t4 walls unless you did it before farms were fixed

t4 walls are actually pretty cheap

not when im getting 1k per minute from my maxed farms, I have a life outside of ao :sob:

I afk and get like 16k a harvest

this has happened to me so much its so annoying :sob:
we need like a fill tool for when walls dont snap together perfectly

try placing a corner wall there at different angles, sometimes they can still be placed even though they’re clearly obstructed

I tried but it would turn out a little ugly so im just going to do a wall tower ontop like actravaz suggested

im too broke to do it but i have a plan for blackreach isle that involves not slaveryand a lot of cannons (im gravy btw)

bro built the far reaches

1 Like

The next things I will say are not related to this exact situation. But I want to add that the walls are also harmed by the imperfections of other mechanics. Maybe it sounds strange, but building walls is the hardest part.

On some particular islands like Blackreach you really lack of ground parts due to its very low placement limit there (If I am not mistaken it is 160 and thats kinda not enough to fill the place around the island. I mean it is possible, but with high tier walls its will look more like a small tunnel between island cliffs and your walls which looks kinda meh in my opinion, atleast from the view of the island habitant (and I really care about the look).

So, how did I try to fix this problem? Yeah, I started building walls right on the edges of the island’s cliffs. And… thats impossible, when your walls are all on the different height lvl, besides it takes huge amount of corners and inability to change the width of those walls. Placing them is also a problem since for some reason game sometimes just says that the place is obstructed while there is nothing there.

Eventually I just gave up and removed all the walls on my island. Now it is protected only by mortars and culverins. Fortunately it is my personal save, so my clan is not damaged as long as I keep protecting this island myself.

So, what I am trying to say? Using walls for complex builds is a very hard, sometimes RNG based and skillful progress right now. Usually people just fail at doing this and get dissapointed about the walls.

Now to move on from the sad things, I would like to share some of the things I have built:

That’s not everything, but these are the things I like the most about my hideout. Biggest part of it is furniture, because I felt like this island doesn’t needs any more complex buildings.

18 Likes

i like that this is much smaller in scale than most others on here so its got a cozy feeling to it

1 Like

I’ve been working for a few days on a massive build at Shale Reef, and I’m gonna post it in its own topic once it’s done. But it’s only half-way finished at most, so in the meantime here’s another area I finished a few days ago from my Thrylos Crossing build. With this, I have cozy little places to hang out in both of the island’s secrets.

4 Likes

it must be nice to have access to a clan treasury

hey man if you joined neptune you’d have millions at your disposal :flushed:

sorry !
Roselight better!

oh my god i love you guys

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very nice. I save all my builds to the clan slot so that the treasury is benefitting others too. I’m not going to promote anyone to co-leader until custom rank permissions are added, because I’m paranoid my clan saves will get replaced. Sadly a consequence of that is I’m the only one who can use the treasury.