Big Changes in the Lore Doc

The Lore Doc just had big changes in its content, mainly the Origin of Magic, the War of the Gods, King Arthur, Theos and Durza’s story.

Have a read for yourselves here:

This thread is for discussion of the new lore changes. (I feel like this was already the lore initially for AO, just that Vetex only decided to add it now lol)

4 Likes

Obligatory FIRST

I kind of like Durza’s new name, although the old one flowed better with his title.

1 Like

Zamn, what’s new?

Theos and Cursebeard are British now :sob:

Acheron the curse thief just doesn’t have the same ring to it

2 Likes

vetex really just removed aurem = (

Acheron from HSR!?!?!:grey_question::interrobang::question::interrobang: Vetex plays hsr confirmed??!?!!

also I really don’t like how vetex just instantly makes magic manipulation → magic circles
it makes the whole evolution of magic casting less interesting

Damn, his parents must’ve hated him

Shouldve called him like… idk… “The Reaper”? Cause he like… reaps people’s magics idk

that sounds even more edgy than Torren

Thanks HSR, now every time I read “Acheron”, Ill just imagine that purple-haired waifu :sob:

Thanks random book series!

I mean… Acheron is the river of pain, how is THAT not edgy lmao

Anyways heres the most major changes

• By raising spirit energy, one may unlock magic. Magic energy is essentially what shapes and makes up magic, while spirit energy allows you to summon it. The reactions between spirit energy and magic energy lengthens ones life. This also means all spirit weapon users are in theory capable of using magic.
  • Experimental curses are much fucking older than Elemental curses and were basically the Gods going “yo wouldnt it be hillarious if we did X lmao” and were forced on some random people.
  • The followers of the gods held much power over those who didn’t follow them before magic because they had spirit weapons.
  • Giving magic essentially was the inciting action of the War of the Gods, though technically it started much later. This is due to the fact some gods wanted and some gods did not want it, causing a rift that would blow up into a war. Zeus himself took away peoples magic like Aang did to Ozai until Prometheus stopped him, basically the start of the war. Eventually Prometheus started winning until Cursebeard jumped his and the remaining gods ass w/ Poseidon and his boys.
  • King Arthur is Cursebeard, therefore Cursebeard is British.
  • Aurem no longer exists.
  • Prometheus fucking exploded after making the Elemental Curses and Prometheus didn’t really create the Grand Fire Curses in secret.
  • Durza is named Acheron now.
  • Oberon is now a town in England named Dunwich (like the H.P Lovecraft town but sadly not in America :pensive: )
  • Theos is British because of this.
  • Acheron can fucking raise sunken undead indestructible ships now???
  • Also the Online Fighting lore section got struck out of existence, Old Sea might have been decanonized.
8 Likes

I mean, theres a difference between a river that makes you go YOUCH and some tumblr lurking 14 year olds fanfic oc title

maybe vetex should say something about how he got dead revival magic? because right now it’s just suddenly mentioned that he can do that right after the fight with theos

So the Epicentre is probably where Britain used to be. I always knew we were destined to be hell on earth.

9 Likes

Thats sad, its hinted back then that Aurem was gonna have an important role in the lore back in the WoM days. I guess that got scrapped?

The United Kingdom is known for being frequently rainy, there is constant rain in the dark seas