Big Changes in the Lore Doc

…Huh? What are you confused about? Which people? Mages? (Sorry, my reading comprehension rn isnt good)

I believe they’re asking about why Oracles dont use magic and why Mages dont use spirit

Like players or in lore?

Okay so like if magic is dependent on someone’s spirit energy, then why isn’t every mage(I didn’t say mage earlier cause classes aren’t actually canon) doesn’t also use spirit energy like we’ve seen a paladin do in game. I have figured though that Oracles don’t use magic cause they’re using spirit weapons rather than their own spirit energy.

mages cant use spirit energy without a spirit weapon, I dont think they can imbue it even if they had one either

im pretty sure the ability to even imbue spirit energy is a demigod/god restricted thing

1 Like

Ah yeah, don’t why I didn’t think of that cause I had that same theory about only gods/demigods being able to imbue spirit energy too lol, at least without a spirit weapon

im never going to forgive vetex and tech for removing ians cross…

3 Likes

Yeah, its actually revealed Paladins have an unique Awakening due to the player’s heritage. Their Spirit Energy turns gold/red when reacting with Magic. With this, its implied that imbuing Spirit into Magic and Magic into Spirit is something only they can do

Okay after rereading it a couple times I’ve figured that it doesn’t actually state that the se is used(at least not intentionally) to summon magic circles, just that you need to have it in order to summon magic circles. Still a little confusing but I think I’ve got it. Though I think I preferred how it worked before more.

I get only the mc being able to imbue spirit energy into magic, but wouldn’t anyone with magic that knows how to imbue be able to imbue magic into a spirit weapon? Provided they have one of course.

Please don’t use the “…” in whatever you’re typing it makes me feel bad

No wonder i couldn’t remember Oberon being in the books, the first letter itself is different. (doesn’t seem like it but makes a big difference) But then copyright shouldn’t be a problem in that case.

Vetex confirmed that NPC Paladins do exist, just that they wont have the gold/red colored Spirit Energy, and we know those colors are a result of Spirit Energy mixing with Magic Energy, so I’ll just say they probs cant do it and only legacies can. Either its just extremely difficult to the point of impossible, or the two energies somehow keep staying seperate no matter what for them, idk

I just realized when Savants finally get double imbue, imbuing both magic and spirit energy onto weapons and fs is gonna look cool af

We actually just had a big discussion on the Trello Patch Notes Thread abt the subject.

We ended up speculating that Spirit Energy is responsible for Magic taking on Elemental forms. It acting as a blueprint in which Magic takes form, and THAT is why high Spirit Energy is required for Magic Circles. We also speculated that Spirit Energy is kinda required to control Magic, lets say it acts as the conduit/controller for it. But the reverse cant be done.

For some reason, I thought I was going somewhere with a crackpot theory of Iris being an extremely distant descendant of Theos, at least partly explaining why she could learn Flare Magic so quickly. If Theos and Acheron landed on opposite sides of the world and Acheron was the one to land in the Seven Seas, Theos would’ve been in the War Seas, so he could’ve had a family that ended up making a long chain to the eternally pissed off redhead.

Then I remembered that Theos didn’t have one after Acheron nuked them all.

Anyway, something that’s been bugging me is why Vetex used names from the Inheritance Cycle specifically. I know it’s been 9 years since Durza was created, but if he still knew, it’d be nice to find out about.

We call it jover

To be fair the AA part of the doc doesn’t seem to have been updated past Durza’s name.

Just noticed something-it’s been a year since AO released, and despite the new changes he just added to the document, Vetex STILL hasn’t updated this part.

maybe acheron’s appearance could be a purple orb for the head with streams of purple energy flowing off to make up the limbs like a river?

rest in piece Oberon, the goated city that was replaced with some shithole english town…