Blood Oath idea

Yo imagine if Vetex add blood oath with the dark sea update in arcane odyssey

The concept of a “Blood Oath” is intriguing and could add a new layer of depth and gameplay mechanics to Arcane Odyssey. Here’s how it could potentially be integrated into the game:

Blood Oath Mechanic:

1. Ceremonial Ritual: Players can perform a special ceremonial ritual, involving an ancient artifact or magical item, to initiate a Blood Oath. This ritual could take place at designated altars, hidden locations, or during specific story events.
  2. Oath Bond: Once the Blood Oath is made, players forge a mystical bond with their chosen faction, deity, or cause. This bond grants them unique abilities, bonuses, and access to exclusive quests or areas related to the oath.
  3. Oathkeeper Abilities: Blood Oaths could unlock a set of powerful abilities tied to the chosen oath. These abilities could be both combat-oriented and utility-focused, reflecting the nature of the oath. For example, a Blood Oath to protect nature might grant the ability to summon elemental creatures or heal allies, while an oath of vengeance might provide devastating offensive skills.
  4. Faction Alliances: Blood Oaths could deepen the relationship between players and the various factions in the game. Pledging a Blood Oath to a specific faction could influence the player’s standing and interactions within that faction, leading to unique faction-specific rewards, quests, and storylines.
1 Like

Can I start a ThatOneGuy cult?

1 Like

this sounds ai generated

11 Likes

Honestly my dream game is some mix of Deepwoken and AO.

deepwoken but the world is sinking to into the depths BECAUSE of magic
oh and the manipulation of water is possible without turning yourself into an inhuman monster without a trace of sanity

1 Like

deepwoken ahh mechanic

It’s cool tho

What if you could become a disciple of different Greek gods
Hephaestus - Cheaper Upgrades at blacksmith, you have passive damage reduction of around 10% but your speed is nerfed by 5% every time the oath is activated
Hercules - 7.5% more damage, but you lose hp if you don’t land your hits
Hermes - Special mode you can activate that lets you heal allies and gives speed 1 effect (not stackable)

stop smoking

this isn’t deepwoken

sir

it’s just a burning memory

i want to draw the WoM npcs again one day

I thought it was sinking because of magic or rather the overuse of it? Then again I haven’t checked up on lore in a while

You are certified masoсhist, congrats!

mfw they add the ritual of marriage to ao
also faction rep doesnt exist at all
vetex would have to balance another fucking feature
on god the other deities in the world arent dead yet and somehow survived long enough to be featured in ao

This means something else in WoM

I’d like to think that the god blacksmiths is skilled enough to improve my armor without reducing my mobility

Makes some sense, we could in this case be attacking with strength/magical power beyond what we are normally capable of safely outputting.

I like it, however healing seems to be a bit much. Let me activate the speed mode for my ship instead (like +10 speed or something).

Worshipping Hermes just makes your trade requests/messages prioritized over others since he’s a messenger god fr

2 Likes

free global messages, can’t wait to say literally everything

1 Like

Stupidly complicated.

I love it

Also

The deep is calling

1 Like