Boats go bye-bye, Explosion go boom boom

I just realized if boats are destructible, the really destructive magics like explosion and lightning are gonna be goated for sea battles.
Which begs the question, are boats gonna be destructible?

I so hope so. Maybe not as easy to destroy as terrain though. Call it some sort of magic wood.
Also hoping for some sort of greek fire. Probably never going to happen but it would be awesome.

2 Likes

idk if they’re going to have like a health bar
or a health bar with like destructable parts like in the roblox pirate game made by wingman or something

It will probably be like in AA where the boat has a certain amount of health before it sinks, maybe once it loses all of its health then it can be destroyed?

2 Likes

I hope its like AA

Yes, although hopefully the islands are larger and have better shapes.

I honestly don’t care if there is a set health bar or not, I just wanna see pieces of the ships go flying off. Maybe it’ll be a bit laggy but the game is supposed to be a lot more optimized by then, so it should work.

2 Likes

Yes please, actually historically used

Also, if this and fire can set the boats on fire it’ll be useful for sea battles too

exactly, but boats shouldn’t be easily destructible

1 Like

I do agree. Hence… magic wood or something.
But I really want to see full, completely destructible boats, even if there’s some sort of health bar beforehand or whatever.

1 Like

It would be hard to make graphics with this kind of thing? maybe he should just make cannonballs filled with them, that take a cut of initial damage and then slowly burn the ship.

yeah it probably won’t happen lol. But I can dream :frhigh:

i think it will, cuz vetex is a good dev. he just needs to take suggestions… we can dream :frcryin:

1 Like

he always takes suggestions, prolly won’t make boats destructible like that but again…we can dream :frcryin:

Yes, although hopefully the islands are larger and have better shapes.

bruh if boats were destructible like buildings then one placed explosion and 60% of it is gone :fr:

2 Likes

But will it be like that or are you going to implement a health bar system for boatd?

Yea that’s what I’m saying, boats shouldn’t be destructible like buildings but they should be destructible

But I wanna see ship go boom. :frcryin:
Couldn’t you just make them harder to destroy than buildings?

Then make them more sturdy or something, so they take less destruction damage, like, a lot less.