Bounty Hunting over 500k

When I bounty hunt players that have 100,000 ish bounty as a 500,000 bounty, I get MUCH less than I usually do. Like, so much less that hunting 100,000 bounty players isn’t even worth it anymore. Can someone explain to me how high my enemies bounty has to be for me to hunt them and gain decent rewards?

formula was changed so high renowns dont bully lower levels/casual players
they probably need at least half of your renown, but also its better to go for high renown since u get a lot more anyways

you say that as if it’s easy to find people with more than 200,000 bounty/fame…

I think it should be reduced to 100,000, at the most 150,000 bounty/fame before you start getting PITIFUL rewards from hunts. Getting 2,000 renown from killing a 120,000 bounty is wild.

This is wishful thinking, but I hope it’s not the same if they hunted you first/if they had your poster instead of you hunting them.

find and then hunt

hunt leaderboard players

2 Likes

“hunt leaderboard players” ok. yeah, seems like a pretty reasonable solution to my problem! haha!

DO YOU KNOW HOW CANCEROUS IT IS TO FIGHT A LEADERBOARD PLAYER??? The last time I tried hunting a leaderboard player he popped an agility potion and ran until his guildmates came to assist him. Then, another time I tried hunting a leaderboard player- at the last second his friends joined and then they killed me twice. I can name multiple other times, but what I’m saying is I’m not trying to go for a totally unfair battle.

Not only that, a good portion of the leaderboard players are out of my region. And then I have to spend like ten minutes looking for ones that are online, and even now doing that is risky. Since I’m 500,000 fame, these dudes can just grab my poster when I least expect it and I’ll just be easy renown.

I don’t have a skill issue either. My main file is 300 hours with 1700 player kills, and I have four other files under 100 hours with 500-300 player kills, the one I used most recently being 50 hours with 563 player kills exactly( I used it about an hour ago). Going out of my way to hunt leaderboard players is a WASTE OF TIME.

tl;dr: no

oh, and I also made it 440,000 fame with player bounties only- not a single NPC bounty until recently. I started hunting NPCs near 460k because I wanted to get the Savior title faster.

that’s all I’ve got to say

if i remember correctly…having 500k renown/bounty will reduce it to 75% when hunting players that have 150k renown or less

Took me a while to find the thing i was talking about in patch notes:

obraz_2024-01-20_075123683

But what did you wanted, when you went for it?

and yet assholes will be assholes

1 Like

yeah I do want leaderboard, but that’s not the point. I don’t want to go out of my way to fight people that I know will do anything to not die. For example, just because somebody wants to make lemonade it doesn’t mean they have to go and grow lemon trees, they can just go and buy lemons from the store.

I’m an asshole for using an intended game mechanic??

When you reach high place on leaderboard, you will act the same. Everyone wants to live. Its more suck, when these assholes attack you first and then run + leave game, if they cannot kill you or if you also have teammates.

if you hunt people with like 50k bounty when you have over 500k, you are very much, an asshole.

no, I don’t. I’m close to the leaderboard right now and I mostly rely on dueling other players. I don’t run from 1v1s, and if I do it’s probably because someone popped a potion. I genuinely enjoy PVP, but only when its fair by my standards. I’m a hypocrite in that sense, but I’m just saying I’m not an annoying dude that says “ez” when he kills you like those other dudes.

I don’t hunt players that have below 100,000 bounty. Don’t go around calling people assholes just because they don’t agree with your opinions, you haven’t ever met me in game or had a real online conversation with me up until now.

a little hard to find leaderboard players who don’t “do anything to not die”

well you’re in luck, that’s me.

Me irl, I hope you enjoy my water breathing 5 + shark repel + bleed potions

Casual conversation with a pvphead gone wrong

How will the trout population recover from this?