Breaking News on Attack Speed

(updated news)

(original news)

The source of:

• Turret mages
  • Point and click beam gameplay
  • 2 amount drill meta
  • (part of) the reason 50% attack speed efficiency disembowelement went through
  • (part of) the reason behind Mage’s success as a class
  • (part of) the reason why slow mages aren’t very viable
  • (part of) the reason stuns were killed off

I’m sorry, Saiju…

how the hell did it end up being 150% :sob:

A case of vetex forgot

How

Stuns WERE AIDS to begin with. It should have never been a thing ever since this game went DBZ style

Stun builds casually getting another hit in for landing 2 attacks

I guess seeing as this is slowing attack speed down, you could call it… braking news.

3 Likes

can my favorite build catch a break for ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE WTF IS THIS

As I said before, we’re reverting back to an attack size meta

1 Like

Anything to make Atk Speed less of a necessity in PvP :pray:

The horrors…

better than attack size meta

You’re fucking telling me, all of this, will never happen or atleast not be half as bad, was because of this…

Attack speed and attack size stats were kinda a mistake in my opinion. Absolute nightmare to balance to any degree.

Tbh if you high invest into atk speed and have good aim, you earned it

But having them as a necessity in competitive PvP is just sad for build diversity and theorycrafting

Its obvious these stats were made with PVE in mind, you’ll notice a decent portion of PVE games with rpg mechanics will let you mess with these stats as well. PVP was definitely an afterthought.

nah, just attack size. attack size metas are literally never fun or skilled at all, i dont know why they’re pushing so hard for one

Attack speed used to be a stat to make you stronger if you had good aim and it should be again

Were they? Because as a PVE demon, I gotta say that attack speed is borderline useless in PVE compared to Power, Defense, or Size.

I honestly dunno how to react. haha

How the heck did this happen.

This will not deter me other than confuse me if my 20 beams in 1 are back or not!

Its debatable with attack speed, but regardless of whether or not you think it works well in pve doesn’t mean that it wasn’t made for it. Again it and size are both stats that are pretty prevalent in PVE games and AO itself has been stated to be a story focused and therefore pve focused game, so there is little doubt in my mind that attack speed was just as intended for pve as size, defense, and power.

Balancing is also something Vetex has stated he hates doing which makes sense as a lot of the decisions are delegated to the balance team, so it makes a lot of sense if his initial balancing is only with pve in mind.

Y’all were getting attacks in with stun time?