Burning Tide

This is the follow up on A Fiery Note, which will start a little before the events of said post. With that being said, here’s the story. Oh and this is from Aaron’s POV, not Artemis Anchor’s.

I unfurl my sails and head northward. I have heard of tales that Redwake offers a warrior’s challenge for anyone with strength. However, in the north also resides Frostmill, where I may be captured by Ravenna for my previous acts. In the meantime, I have some duties to attend to if I wish for a warm welcome up north.

The rest at Thorin’s Refuge was both relaxing and nerve-racking. On one hand, we were able to sleep after rough seas. On the other, we were in dangerous proximity to Frostmill and the challenge ahead would certainly claim some of the souls on The Red Revenge.

After the rest and restock at Thorin’s Refuge, all we had to do was get us some shark.

I decided to leave the weak crew at Thorin’s to fish, while the rest and I went on a hunt. We were dodging icebergs on our way to Palo Town. The Agora reported on some sightings on movement under the waves, so it was the logical move at the time. Unfortunately, the paper was a day old.

In between the Goso Jungle, Limestone Key, and Palo Town, he arose. The sea was sucking us backwards, and when the man on the crow’s nest looked behind, he dropped of sheer fear. As he fell overboard, I looked back from where we came and saw the largest fish I ever saw. White Eyes, its sheer mass creating a vortex. I turned the ship to broadside, firing all cannons, the recoil saving us from getting sucked in. I quickly turned it back starboard, but before the ship turned, White Eyes went back into the water, creating a giant wave.

After the wave rushed over us, all that was left was a pile of wood and metal. All my crew was sent overboard. I decided that it was time for the heat. I let my ship drift a few more meters before jumping at this polluted shark.

I jumped on his back, hitting him along his dorsal until reached his fin. I prepared to cast a magic circle, but I slipped. I managed to let out a Magma Blast, which slowed my fall, allowing me to aim my fall to the caudal fin. I managed to regain my balance and sprint to the White Eye’s dorsal fin, blasting him with magma along the way. When I reached his fin, I went all the way to his face. I punched his right eye, kicked his left eye, and prepared for what was about to come. I slid down to White Eye’s maw, and unleashed my Magma Beam inside his mouth. I jumped as soon as he closed his jaws, as he dropped back into the sea, not forgetting to pick a few scales off. I allowed myself to be taken by the wave created by the shark sinking.

I awoke on the shore, if you want to call them that, of Whitesummit. I was taken in by the people there, who repaired what was left of my ship and helped me back to health. I went back to Thorin’s Refuge, where I picked up the remaining crew. I found out they managed to catch a few sharks of their own. I felt defeated. We sailed to Redwake with the sharks and White Eyes scales. There, we were welcomed as worthy warriors.

After a few days, I spotted something in the distance. Grand Navy sails. I picked up a few warriors and set sail south. There, we found a Grand Navy Ketch. We fired upon it, starting off a naval battle.

After a long battle, we came out victorious. We boarded the ship and killed all the crew but one, left to spread the word, if he survived this wretched sea. We looted all the barrels and chests. I left a note inside one chest and sealed it with my magma. After I finished blasting the ship, ensuring it would not be reused, we sailed back to Redwake. The note I left had this on it, with some ink I had bought from a merchant:

“𝑀𝓎 𝒻𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝒯𝒾𝒷𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅 𝒻𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓃𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸-𝒫𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓁𝓊𝒾𝑔𝒾, 𝐿𝒶𝓃𝒹𝒾-𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝒯𝒾𝒷𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓃𝓈, 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓎𝓂𝒷𝑜𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒, 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓃, 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒. 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝒾𝒸 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓊𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓂𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓏𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝓍𝑒𝒸𝓊𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝑒𝓃.𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒩𝒶𝓋𝓎, 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒶, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈. 𝑀𝓎 𝒻𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉. 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓏𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓈 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝒶𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒞𝒶𝓁𝓋𝓊𝓈.𝑀𝓎 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒜𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓃 𝐹𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝑔𝑒.”

Dry Ice‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ㅤ>

2 Likes