Butterfly's Doodle Thread

Okay, this thread is kinda overdue for me. I was thinking of making this after making a bunch of artposts but hah… I never finish any recently! :smiley:

Okay, I maybe a reaallyyy shouldve done this sooner since like a lot of my art, probs over 90% of them are like messy sketches, its what I was most comfortable with, hopefully making this would also give me an incentive to draw more and eventually post a finished artwork lol.

For now, Ill probs also dump my past sketches that will never come to light… I guess. Per day.

9 Likes

I drew this today. Guess who.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I also took a reference from Frieren (anime) on Fern vs Lugner. (I should really use references more often)

Doodle thread spotted, tracking started

hm nice

Hmm, Im actually wondering… how often do people add stuff to their thread? Cause Ive got a bunch of sketches here, Im wondering if I should do one per day or one new sketch, one old sketch per day, etc. Idk, Im bored.

I should just let myself just do whatever with this thread :sweat_smile:

These are two sketches I did in the past that I actually used for my art submission to get the artist role once, I think artists here saw, I also shared this in the Darkane Odyssey discord server before

I always imagined Neviro training at night, and thats when he got interrupted when the Order came. (Well whenever I remember Cirrus Island story, I keep thinking it would be during night time, idk why.

(Also, that light at Neviro’s side is from the wasit lantern, based off in-game one)

5 Likes

Artist Thread-ception.

Hmmm…dosen’t looks familliar to me, is this one of your OC’s? who knows.

A what discord server?

Darkane was a discord server made when the Dark Sea was in development. It was made mostly just to gather forumers to create their own teams for expeditions once it releases. Now its just a place where people chat and stuff.

Also for that guy… he’s the Peacekeeper :3
Well, my interpretation as of rn

I thought the fire, gauntlet and staff would give it away but eh. His design isnt set in stone set. I think Im naming him Callum. (Almost named him Olive once)

I had a random thought of a much more peaceful revised AA series inspired by Sousou No Frieren with The Peacekeeper and Theos, and when I think about it the characters are identical and could work minus the romance. (very old master training a mortal human)

My head canon interpretation of The Peacekeeper has always been a family man who was a farmer in his past life.

1 Like

Actually, that was exactly my intent when I was making his design! Someone who looked like a nobody, simple looking and stuff. Looks like some farmer boy.

I tried messing with his design once, I think this was an old sketch of me experimenting with color

But uh, he looks like another character, who also happened to be a farmer boy lol (Im referring to this character)

I was messing with PK’s design for a very long time, before AO. Originally, was going to be a girl (her name was Irene), but after having my AO MC be a girl, I realized PK should be the opposite (one male protagonist for AA and one female protagonist AO)

I could look for those old sketches… somewhere.

I almost considered making his design be based off of Himmel, but it didnt work out as well, so I went back with my original one

And I agree with the idea of AA being similar to Frieren, that would be cool!

1 Like

So, the time has come.

Been awaiting this one! Now to lurk over it!

1 Like

I wonder if I should give him freckles again actually… (yes, I drew this just now)

4 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Another doodle thread to watch >:D

1 Like

Oh yea, btw, watch me draw only here and neeevvveerrr make an actual art post. Ever. XD

Good morning yall!

If you’re wondering who this is, its my first file. Her original design when she was going to be my MC~

I took a long time making my MC, I constantly changed stuff about the character until she diverged and become a seperate character entirely (Ava Altair).

Its kinda funny, cause the reason it started was because I realized that you can only have 3 magics, so it limited the themes/motifs I wanted to use for my MC lmao.

I should probs still make her her own character at some point, shouldnt I? :eyes:
(She was my only file from WoM… Ava’s descendant or something? Lol)

7 Likes

Leaps out from my seat and spits out my drink

YOU CALL THESE SKETCHES?

That’s a whole masterpiece!

I consider them sketches cause they aint polished, its just me doodling and then coloring them a little- ;-;

(If I were serious, itd take me a few days to work on an artwork-)

I swear most artists are like are like the type of people who say “oh, my artwork isn’t that good.”

and then proceeds to draw the mona lisa.

The curse of being an artist

You are never satisfied unless you put 110% of your effort into an artwork-