Butterfly's Doodle Thread

Also, have this old sketch of Ava ig (back then, I couldnt decide her name, I almost named her “Aquila”, now thats just the name of her ship)

4 Likes

Please…

I really like the lighting.

It was just going to be a random doodle of Ava, and then I hade the random idea of color it and then testing lighting through the the trees using a leaf eraser thing.

I guess I just cant help but color my skectes if its on digital, I dont like coloring on traditional-

Trying to make something for this thread rn, for now, have this little doodle of my deckhands!

Silver girl - Perkins “The Bold” (Canonneer)
Bluy guy - Burks “The Eagle Eyes” (Navigator)
Viking guy - Kirkland “The Good” (Shipbuilder)
Orange Mage - Suarez “The Paragon” (Enchanter)

6 Likes

that honestly looks very cute!

1 Like

You know what, I give up. Im not gonna color these :sob:

These are Ava’s outfits throughout the storyline, but the question marks are the ones I haven’t decided yet.

Tbh, Im not even sure abt the second outfit, it looks plain in comparison to the other ones.

There’s a chance Ava will just keep the same outfit from Bronze Sea for Nimbus. Maybe.

I could also wait for the new armors and stuff for more ideas

Also, the last one is hidden cause its basically her endgame outfit, I wanna keep it hidden as a surprise~ (like, slowly reveal it through teasers and stuff)

5 Likes

Oh bruh i just found this thread

I shall now begin my tracking

1 Like

Yeah, didnt draw much today, so have this wholesome doodle as compensation!

(I seriously wouldve drawn Morden more if he wasnt so difficult to draw, wtf. The pain of having your fave char also being the one you struggle drawing the most is… ugghh. Luckily, I got it when I did this sketch, usually, it takes me several tries to get his face right-)

8 Likes

Isn’t it kind of painful for Morden to have the amnesiac MC say cheer up right in front of his face lol, his friend is there but not really just complete obliviousness.

Morden wants whats best for his friend. He’s a little saddened by his friend forgetting him, but he doesnt mind it either knowing his friend is free from the pain of the past. Thats why he smiles a little here, because he sees Ava being happy, in his point of view anyway.

Me just trying out a new hairstyle for Ava. I think this might work out better for her, hmmm…

Yes, I draw traditional. I actually personally prefer sketching on traditional, not much so on coloring tho. Sorry about the very crinkly paper (this sketchbook is old…)

7 Likes

It’s really pretty, and goes with her dress extremely well!

1 Like

I love how you drew the clothing swaying from the wind, it is pretty satisfying for me to draw clothes that way to be honest.

What with those quick strokes and all onto the swaying motion, feels really good to the pencil.

1 Like

oh yeah THAT TOO
That has to be some of the BEST wind-flowing I’ve ever seen for a dress. It’s realistic and moderate, not exaggerated.

1 Like

Have a Noelle! :smiley:

Yeah, Ive been thinking of drawing other people’s characters in my own style for a while since I seriously need something else to draw. I think I had too much fun drawing Noelle ngl, I kinda considered finishing it-

Sorry if she isnt buff enough, I dont have enough experience on uhh… muscles.

(P.S, Stellarii I love your art, fave artist on the forums when it comes to lighting and coloring to the point often analyse them and mine was somewhat influenced by yours, big fan~!)

9 Likes

AAAAAAAH OMG SHE’S SO CUTE IN YOUR STYLE!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH
uuuaaahhh your artstyle is so pretty ;o; it’s super expressive and it’s such a breath of fresh air to see, keep up the great work ^^

1 Like

Bro ur sketches are so neat and clean im jealous :sob:

1 Like

…I got extremely bored today, and I drew something in some free drawing roblox game, and man, my hand hurts from drawing with a mouse, now I remember why I quit that stuff.

I heard Trollus used to do this weekly. HOW???

Yet, Im stupid enough that Ill probs continue it tomorrow, Ill share it here when Im done… (it was a portrait of my roblox avatar, but I made it too big, thus the constant suffering. Im dumb)

3 Likes

Okay, I lied, I never got back on it. But I did draw something else~ OwO

Guess who~

Its kinda interesting, I swear at some point during my art journey, I think my artstyle at one point really resembled Ghostly’s. I was worried she’d look too similar and was thinking about drawing a side joke on that, but eh, she looks distinct enough :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Honestly, while I can see similarities, there’s also two major distinctions:
Ghostly’s style is more like some well-cleaned up concept art/reference sheet for an anime character, or like a panel from a webcomic. It’s pretty interesting.

Your style feels much more focused on atmosphere. You draw people well, and they do stick out, but they feel more like an element of the atmosphere and environment - which is actually a pretty nifty style. Mei sticks out here, but something about her makes her feel noticeable but not front-and-center - like she’s part of the wind that’s blowing her coat, hair, and scarf. It’s really neat.