Can PK finally "rest" when all magics and curses are gone?

it is stated in the lore that PK is destined to live forever so that the Absorption Curse wont ever fall into the wrong hand

but since all it does is steal other’s magics and curse(s), doesnt it mean it’ll become useless once all magics disappeared ( as magic genes get weaken over time ) and all curses are destroyed ?
i mean, considering that some are literally outer space it would probably be a while until PK can destroy them

but still, a few thousand years is still way better than literal forever

Honestly, I have a feeling that the Peacekeeper WANTS to live forever. They’re apparently able to visit the afterlife where souls are, if they ever want to meet Theos again. And even when all magics and curses are gone, there will still be war. Just look at real life.

It’s possible that magic is gonna be in the arcane world forever, because I talked to Techlevel80 two days ago about the magic gene and he said that he’s not entirely sure if the gene fading with each generation is actually canon anymore. It’s up to Vetex.

4 Likes

I’ll finally rest, watch some level 90 solo the entire magic council on a grateful universe

yeah just read the trello about the visting underworld thing, guess PK 's eternal life isnt so bad

certainly not “useless,” as it still has literally every magic curse

also i would assume “absorption” could also refer to other things beyond magic

The Peacekeeper probably has every magic, but their only curse is Absorption. They don’t steal curses, they only destroy them or extremely rarely give them to trusted individuals like John Thorne and the Metal Curse. I assume the Peacekeeper doesn’t want to risk losing their mind and becoming Durza v2. If the Peacekeeper went power-hungry, they’d likely surpass even Torren very quickly.

1 Like

The PK can never rest now he has the absorption curse. If the absorption curse was ever freed from the PK that’d be the equivalent of welcoming a new durza.

wait what huh

Greek’s Underworld

Tartarus - Greek’s Hell, nuff said

Asphodel Meadows - for People who didn’t achieve anything great but didn’t do anything bad

Mourning Fields - for People who wasted their lives on love

Elysium - Heaven for Heroes and Demigods

Theos is most likely in Elysium so he chillin

o true, but even as a curse with nothing to absorb there’s still the immortality it offers (and assuming there’s still enough radiation in the ocean a way to forego that immortality)

Well, if the magic gene does completely fade and magic goes extinct, the absorption curse is almost useless. It could only steal stamina and physical energy, which is really not that bad. They’d most likely just get shot in the head and that’s the threat vanquished, no big deal.

Correction: PK specifically is trying to DESTROY the curses, and only the curses.

Curses aren’t effected by the magic gene so there’d still be curses. It’s possible that at some point the peacekeeper would destroy all curses but the absorption curse would still exist and as far as we know you can’t destroy the curse with itself. You’d be able to drain stamina and physical energy which could still kill someone; while still being immune to anything else because only magic can hurt a curse user so the solution of “just shoot them” doesn’t work. It’d still be too dangerous in a world without magic.

You can shoot an Absorption Curse user. Absorption is an external curse, meaning you can’t phase into magic like you can with an elemental curse. Most external curse users can be hurt by physical attacks, Durza is the only exception because he turned into a spirit. External curses don’t die in contact with seawater either, because their body isn’t made of magic.

It’s also worth mentioning that Durza had other curses, allowing him to phase into them.
And I think external curse users do die from seawater still, as the curse is still part of their being.

External curse is kind of like a power, normal curses literally makes your body into the curse kind of

1 Like

No, external curse users are confirmed to be unaffected by seawater and the magical pollution in the air. You’re right that the curse is still bound to their body and technically a part of it, but their physical body is not actually made of magic so they’re fine.

Yes, absorption curse users can phase into magic using their stolen curses, however they have to choose to do it and it takes stamina. On the contrary, natural elemental curse users subconsciously phase into their element when they’re about to take physical damage, even if they’re not aware they’re being attacked.

Stolen magics and curses are stored inside of the absorption curse. Elemental sea curses don’t become a part of your body like they would if you absorbed them normally. You have to consciously choose to use its power. This means that, even if an Absorption Curse user has stolen other elemental curses, you can still hit them with physical attacks if you time it right.

no external curses are not logia while normal curses are logia

Where did you find about external curses? I remember in an old stream vetex said durza would turn into raw magic energy but that could be outdated. Either way the when you absorb someones physical energy you’d still be taking it in and adding it to your own making you extremely strong. Because while there’s no magic people like romulus would still exist that are insanely physically strong.

I actually don’t remember where I first heard about external curses. Probably on the AA wiki or one of the official Trello boards for the games. All I know is that they’re 100% canon.