Can weapon and fighting style users get as strong as curse and magic users?

The question is literally the tittle like can they get as strong as maybe Nero back then or something ? Because so far we haven’t really seen any strong person that is a master of weapons or fighting styles so

2 Likes

no vetex specifically said they couldnt

1 Like

They’d have to have magic used to even come close

Nah unfortunately they can’t Vetex told so, but I do remember one particular guy in AA, he was Polemos I think a boxing master who took down a guy named Cthulhu in one punch, Cthulhu was a guy who had a massive/nigh invincible defense or something so it was a feat for Polemos to get him down in one punch but idk.

wth is tittle

Yeah you just reminded me of Polemos but his boxing gloves were dark so many people thought he had shadow magic since your gloves were the color of the magic you have

Dang… All I know is Prime Argos now since he is stated that he was magicless and if Ravenna generals are at least on par with their strength even if it it’s little then maybe he’s a candidate for that.

Ehhh I doubt Argos was that strong at his prime ngl, he does mention throwing us at the ocean easily if he was younger but we were like lvl 80 with no awakening so

Short answer, no.

If I’m strong enough to toss a mountain then both a tree and a pebble would would be thrown “easily”.

We don’t (and probably never will) know how strong he was, but him mentioning how easy a low level we would be to defeat doesn’t indicate anything about his former strength

That’s unfortunate, but I suppose

Nope which IMO is lame because I’d like some diversity in the most strongest characters in AO

8 Likes

agree
i do think it is lame, but it makes sense lore-wise

1 Like

This is all either Arcane Reborn stuff or retconned. Cthulhu doesn’t exist.

Well he does exist but didn’t get to the game, he’d have insane defense but low power and would be a sea encounter like the kraken

Nah I’m pretty sure Tech or Vetex confirmed that Cthulhu would not have been added and no longer exists in the lore, because he doesn’t fit with the rest of the world thematically (since it’s mainly Greek stuff, not Lovecraftian).

Oh alright

I wonder if what vetex said only applies to pure mages or if magic-adjacent classes like warlock/paladin/conjurer also have the same potential (I’m assuming savants would have their magic potential too diluted). I mean that still leaves out like 60% of the other classes but at least there’d be some variety in the top tiers.

kid named weapon aura and fstyle aura :smiling_imp: