Cargo Contracts

Cargo Contracts https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/2/02d230302381910b132835e72650fb870c841ae7.png
effort 5.0 25 quality 5.0 25 reasonability 4.923076923076923 26

Reasoning

My issues with cargo runs:

• Repetitive: You go to Ravenna, then sail to Redwake, then back, then forth.
  • Passive Gameplay: Along the way all you do is not crash your ship into anything.

Proposal

• Shipwrights can offer “Cargo Contracts” (see mockup for UI)
  • These contracts entail delivering specified cargo from one port to another, offering greater awards than just buying and dropping off cargo normally.

Contract Details

• Galleon Deposit: If you die or sink your ship on the way this is gone.
  • Risk Level: Indicates difficulty, affecting ship requirements, cargo quantity, and enemy ship encounters.
  • Rewards
    • Item rewards: Amount depends on difficulty level, Uncommon chest loot, food ingredients/reagents
    • Galleon reward: Separate from individual cargo galleons

Risk Levels

Uses a star system (1 to 5), scaling with the sea the contract was made in.

Impacts

• Increases Pirate Ship spawn rates and strength
  • Player ship requirements
  • Cargo amount

Alerted Ships

To address the passive gameplay of chart runs I want contracts to encourage you to do ship battles on the way.

While en route to your destination a pirate ship spawns and agroes to the player, a tip on the bottom right appears “A pirate ship has been alerted, protect your cargo!”

After sinking the ship you earn some cargo sent straight into your cargo hold. The ship encounters are optional, however you’d lose out on the extra cargo.

UI Mockup

cargomockup

22 Likes

Cool idea

1 Like

this is why you’re my goat.

5 Likes

Our goat*

2 Likes

pretty good idea

1 Like

Nice. Also I think overall harsher weather could really spice up cargo delivery and just sailing

2 Likes

Peak

1 Like

Cook

1 Like

Great idea makes cargo more fun to do

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

this is cool but i think everyones main issue with cargo (or at least mine) is the loading part cuz the sailing doesnt really take that long. although this is a good idea either way. (how tf do you do the star thing?)

2 Likes

How do you make your own ui design like this

1 Like

nah stormy waves really suck cause some were so large that my sailboat couldnt get around it and it sank inveitably

Pretty good way to make cargo less repetitive.

The methods of encouraging players to do more unique cargo runs is a bit forced, but I think it’s fine.

I do really like adding pirates in the cargo path though, as it makes cargo actually dangerous and risky.

yeah im wondering the same thing…

Could be a good tie in with alignment. Keep doing what you are doing

1 Like

i have no idea who you are but
wow. great suggestion ngl

Sick I might actually do cargo now

Keep cooking, don’t stop.

Bump