Change the level of everybody to 1 when AO gets released

I believe that everybody’s level should be lowered to 1 once AO releases, now hear me out.

You’ve got your favourite character, 100 hours, best hair, best name, best magic, everything! You really want to experience the game with this character, there’s just one problem, it is level 90. You would miss half or maybe all of the new stuff that’s been added and you would have to go all the way back to 1st sea or whatever to actually experience the storyline.
You might also have to make a new account or file just to experience the “new player” experience.

Some rebuttals:
What about the gear that we have equipped that’s already level 90??

• You would still keep this gear and it could be used once you’re level 90 again, the only problem is actually unequipping these items off of everybody.

What about my guildmates? What if people grind faster than then and RK?

• This could be a problem but at the same time everybody is in the same boat, everybody starts at level 1. You could do the same and level up faster than everybody else and RK, but! You do not get infamy from people who aren’t maxed level so the only reason to do this would be to lower the infamy from another players guild, which isn’t that useful.

What if I stack up on level 1, 10, 20, etc, armours and weapons? Couldn’t I just use them to be stronger than everybody else at lower levels?

• Yes you could and this would give you an advantage over everybody else, the thing is, there will probably be new stuff added into the game that would outweigh the stuff that you have prepared, the only thing that this would help you with is that it would probably just save you time and nothing more.

Edit: A prompt could pop up asking players with the WoM badge if they want their level to be reverted to 1, this is because most people might not want to grind to level 90 again while some people might want to experience the lvl 1 experience…

The problem with a change like this is that WoM isn’t a beta anymore and is a released game (although still in a semi-early state), so a high-impact data change like this would be unusual and possibly turn players away, even if its just levels. And also, it would be extra annoying to people who have maxed out multiple characters.

If a player who played WoM wants to try out AO from square 1, just create another character or delete a slot you plan on playing on.

15 Likes

no
(10 chars)

3 Likes

As someone with hundreds of hours, I honestly wouldn’t mind if the whole game started over. However, you’re never going to convince most people to lose their progress.

All I was asking is for people to have their level reverted to 1 and nothing more, their stuff would stay and everything

If I really want the “new player” experience, i’ll just make another character. don’t force me to. i’m like 90% certain there isn’t even going to be a 2nd sea on release anyway, and either way, i kinda don’t care

i do not at all want to grind all those 90 levels again

5 Likes

I wouldn’t hate being level 1 again, but I don’t want to force people to grind again if they don’t want to. That would be pretty selfish.

frankly I’d actually like everyone being set back to level 1,
but only in the scope of the storyline

lets say you wake up on an island and meet theos v2, you start out,
and literally incinerate every single npc for the first few storyline quests

3 Likes

rip to anyone who basically lives in wom

1 Like

What if you could choose to revert to lvl 1? like a pop up appears like “do you want to go to level 1?”

Yeah that would be good enough

considering how everyone on their files will have to run through the beginning of the new story anyway, dragging everyone back to lvl 1 would introduce them to this new (old (new)) world as they’re supposed to

but considering how pissed off people got at some details in TGR, it’s probably not worth the community outcry, i guess you gotta consider everyone’s gameplay experience over the story narrative sometimes

2 Likes

I mean, considering all gear/stats/magic/customization and shit would stay the same
it shouldn’t be a real issue

sure people would get pissed off,
but people are already pissed off about tons of details in the TGR,
they’ll keep all their shit anyways if levels are reverted, they can just suck it up

2 Likes

Hopefully vetex sees this, I waited the entire day to post this just so that vetex would be awake :pray:

idk if forcing a change on everyone and telling people to “suck it up” is a good way to approach community development, but i guess vetex has a voice in this too

7 Likes

no

check the edit i made, it might be a better alternative

noble?

invalid.

I see your point, but if you’re telling us what you think and not just making an excuse to catch up with everyone when AO comes out, then you mid aswell just reset so you can experience the game for yourself. Or just have an option to reset your level for a few days after AO comes out. But due to this, disable PvP for a few days aswell.

virgin?

invalid.