Chapter 1 full playthrough with no stat build [Possible spoilers]

Im doing a run of Arcane Odyssey without ever putting any stats into anything. My reasoning is that I really wanted to go full vitality! But its not out yet, so I’ve decided neither is my build!

Ill just be using this thread to archive progress and stuff

[V1.11.9+]

[13/03/23]
0 issues from Redwake up to Cirrus island! I even wiped a pirate crew <3

I realised I have like 0 HP in comparison to Elius’s 1.2k + healing, so I’m going to be investing in overlevelling and defense! I do decent damage concerning the Elius fight.
This won’t be viable for future bosses until the level cap is increased.

I may wait until V1.12’s combat update for infinite arrows/bullets, those will be mountainously useful against Argos and Calvus late-game.
For now though, I know that food is going to be a monumental item to have, so Im investing in cooking skills and fishing. A sunken or two would also be a massive W for progression.

Me and a level 20 friend also massacred a big red funny shark, yay!

I subsequently went treasure charting, fishing, and murderising pirates. Very fun! I have reached level 77 but alas, no bow yet! I’d prefer having a bow and perhaps dual bronze flintlocks before going up against Elius

[14/03/23]
First things first - art! Thats it, art. Gonna try obtain a bow today hopefully, maybe.

The drip is very real - but also all the only red skirt kinda sucks!

Heres to hoping for better skirts in future updates !!
I got to level 90 through treasure charting and island exploration tasks! I surprisingly, still do not have a bow. At all. Not even a branch bow! They’re actively avoiding me, it seems.
Other than that though, I went castaway saving. One of them gave me this… And reminder, still no bow. [and you can wear it as a hat in the stat menu!]

Aaaaand he’s dead! Elius, killed! In cold blood! Here’s some highlights !

[15/03/23]
Today Ive done a ton of fishing! I also got enough galleons to get a clan, which I’ll be using to put galleons inside and not worry about dropping them in the future.
I got a legendary fish! Golden Basking Shark, very cute. This marks the entire sea collection of fish complete.

My cooking progresseed to ‘good’, which I hope to get to superb. High quality dishes will be super important later down the line, at least I hope so O_O

[17/03/23]
So I beat the shit out of Argos first try. Turns out, he is a huge weakling when you pull out any ranged weaponry. I had no recovery items but I found my iron armor to be good enough.

Moving on to Ravenna at level 107, I have hit my first roadblock.

Carina.

Carina is not usually a huge issue - she’s actually one of the easiest bosses in the game below Elius, Iris, and Shura.
The only issue is her second phase. With her movement speed and regeneration, for a no-stat build, it’s hell. Ive decided Im going to spent a bit of the day grinding for Argos’s armor [speifically the helmet] and Elius’s Scimitar and Stormcaller.

The scimitar will be a welcome aesthetic change, whilst the stormcaller is a long needed buff to my set up.

For any who are curious, I currently do around 140-150 damage with my magic blast, and an average of 50 damage melee with around 150 on ranged too.
Predicting based on my past with a build not too disimilar to a no-stat run, Calvus probably will be easier than Carina.

11 Likes

good luck m1ing and q-blasting the enemies

1 Like

tysm!
I plan to actually mostly use bows and guns - theyre surprisingly good against bosses. Other than that, Ive found morningstars to be very useful alongside axes!

Soft lock savant is reallllll

6 Likes

m1s

yeah argos hurt when I used a bronze musket on him.

1 Like

For easy cooking experience, grind pumpkins at harvest and at the sky pumpkin farm once you finish Louis’s quest. Easiest experience farm ever. Also, cook all the pumpkins individually. They’re most effective that way.

1 Like

treasure chart ur way to lv125 :+1:

How’d you get the text to be like that?

fish your way to 125, you do get a fishing rod early in redwake

become the new legendary angler

Update!
I found a server that gave me like 30-40 FPS which is AMAZING for me [I usually run most games at like 20]

So I murderised a ton of pirate ships using my cannons for bronze chests! [no ram yet :(]

And also got a bunch of treasure charts done!

No lord elius yet, I want a bow before I do that!
Im now level 77 :tada:

As a note - I caught 2 colossal squids, 1 giant tuna and 1 greatwhite shark today :tada:

2 Likes

I, for one, will be awaiting new developments in your story.

1 Like

Update:
I did art

Thats it, thats the update. Gonna try get a bow today so I can murderise elius - but I wonder if explosive barrels would be a viable option against him?

Wait until he realizes he needs to put points in to awaken aka complete the story.

Still cool though, people always made jokes of this build but I never expected somebody to actually document it

Who said an awakening was a requirement… >:)

But in all seriousness, I might try glitch hunting to see if I can complete the story without an awakening!

Elius has been MURDERISED.
Clips added <3

legendary basking shark…

Man I need rare fish badly
I need to get cooking expertise out of the way

This is a rather interesting way to play the game.

best way to play*

1 Like