Character Creation Nitpick

A lengthy reply to GlitchingEclipse's reply

You wouldn’t have to actually go out of your way to complete it though, if an NPC asks you to find an Hecate Essence, they should be able to tell you what it is and where to find them (linking back to the third example). The quest in this scenario would only serve as a point of interest, one that would bring the player’s attention to the NPC so that they can learn of Hecate Essences.

True, but if there was a scientist looking to create artificial Hecate Essences (maybe through the usage of Hecate Shards), it could be possible.

Am I making it a big issue though? My statement only was about sharing it and explaining why it’s an issue.

So true…

Hey guys why’s this in the patch notes discussion

Mind taking this to its own topic and then getting a tl4 or mod to move it

Good idea, I thought that we were allowed to since this is the continuation of Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread), but realised that I was wrong.
Sorry!

I don’t think the game informing you about these things is negative at all; letting players know that they can change their magic with a hecate essence in the dark sea is harmless, since that’s a minuscule amount of information that doesn’t actually reveal anything other than the name of the magic changing article. The game has pop-up tips and hints for majority of other things in the game, I wouldn’t say those have ever interfered much with my immersion

1 Like

i want to commend you because youve managed to be even more pedantic than stocksounds about such a small meaningless thing and that is an achievement

hell, speaking of tips, we should get some tips saying “At criminal islands, you can find powerful mentors who can teach you unique skills once you’re strong enough to leave a sea.”
rill hendrix teaches dodge reflex
cinthia will prob teach something
you get my point

I think it needs to be simplified a bit though. If you’re willing to go into the far reaches to change your magic, you should have to do a bit of your own research, otherwise it seems like we’re giving too much attention to a small thing, and it’s a bit awkward.

I’d say “no i am NOT” but my first slot is literally a light conju which is very fucking bright so

My first ever file I made was a Light Conj. I’ve resented both weapons and Light Magic ever since.

You do still need to do research; the current description gives no indication of what hecate essence is or looks like, what part of the dark sea it can be found, nor anything about its nature. It just gives you its name and tells you it can spawn in an infinite map.

Partially true. It specifies the Far Reaches, but not that it’s found on islands.

Exactly. it’s not that you WANT to have players research off-platform, but it doesn’t even give enough information to constitute it being there, especially not for the target demographic.

True, I forgot that it mentioned the far reaches

I didnt even realize this change existed Its totally a good thing though… So many new players might be clueless once they get bored of lightning…

there are certain things that should really be discussed in game
COUGH COUGH BOOK OF ATHENA PAGES DISCOVERABLE IN TREASURE CHARTS OR DIVING SPOTS OR DARK SEA CHESTS

1 Like

Everyone would ASSUME that there’s a way to swap magics in the game. Might as well just direct them to one of the two databases of information all about this, one of which has a collection of people who love answering stupid questions.

but seriously a teal title named “Anichneftignosis” or something would be really cool (portmanteau of anichneftis and gnosis, or “knowledge finder”)

1 Like