Chat, are warriors going to be fine?

i had an idea in mind where hybrids if they have 3 weapons equipped they could only use Q and E, at 2 weapons Q, E, R and 1 equipped weapon with just no restrictions

now i just thought about idea that is just about giving hybrids the weapon slots requirements, like: 2nd slot increases abilities requirement by 1.5x and 3rd slot increases requirement by 2x

Not to mention that for some reason they need 400 - 500 stat points to use Ultimate arts while other pure builds literally already can

mages, warlocks, zerkers, conjs, etc. get an entire new playstyle, new synergies, imbuements, super cool

warriors just get nothing, its a slap in the face

mage: second magic, increased synergy opportunities
warlock: imbuement, more easily applying synergies
paladin: imbuement, synergy application on both methods
conjurer: imbuement, better stats and more synergy
berserker: second fighting style, more combat diversity and synergy
juggernaut: imbuement, looks really fucking cool + new synergies
warlord: imbuement for increased stats and some synergy opportunity
oracle: unknown, but probably something really cool involving gods
knight: really cool imbuement and synergy opportunities
savant: whole second magic or fighting style, letting you get even more synergy than before
warrior: marginally more damage and speed

What… that’s not even related to the point I made

The complaint was about size which I responded about lmao

i like the warrior weapon aura dodge reflex :smiley:

I’m not arguing that warriors awakening isn’t underwhelming

I’m arguing that complaining about the lack of a size increase on the otherwise entirely positive not even imbuement is missing another very important mechanic when it comes to pure classes.

what synergies…

soaring eagle in question:

chat he doesn’t know

synergies with lightning and other things in the future
water for paladin
sailor for juggernaut
s.sword for knight

Warriors already have lots of versatility from all of the different weapon types, plus some synergies from the weapons that have special effects, though there aren’t that many yet. So I really don’t think they need to have a more special awakening

Sure, but that also means that they have more things to farm for.
(also can we please not talk about synergies as if you’re meant to make use of them?? they literally are hidden mechanics outside of the “Yeah, this thing can be used to make other things that won’t be named stronger”)

Funny you say that since this is literally in the same patch notess
obrazek

Most underwhelming awakening of all time, as a warrior all you get is a 5% dmg buff and 2.5% speed buff :sleeper:

I think I’d prefer Oracle’s current 10% damage reduction awakening

Posting my hours and stats to show you that i am a certified warrior glazer and enjoyer:

(those are the only 3 slots i have)
Now as bad as this nerf may seem, it won’t affect me because im so fucking good at warrior and the game that i don’t even need this awakening in the first place to cook people. Why am i saying this? No reason, I just wanted to gas myself up.

In all seriousness, Do i think this nerf needed to happen? no because im bias. Am i fine with this nerf? suprisingly as much as i joked about it in my own server saying im gonna cry, yeah i am fine.

The only problem i could possibly forsee is if you view this awakening/build from the perspective of a new player. 7.5%+ attack speed, 5% damage boost, 10% attack size is an already very boring sounding awakening albeit it being strong. And i will standby the fact that the current awakening is undoubtedly strong because it fed perfectly into the warrior playstyle.

Now we’re looking at the new warrior awakening:
5% attack speed, 2.5% damage boost

Is this balanced? sure, maybe, idk. personally idgaf, id still run it even through the worst changes. But i can see why someone new to the game might find it a very unappealing build to go. because why grind to awakening for a flat stat boost when you could pick an imbuement build or a pure build thats not warrior (or oracle but we dont talk about that).

If vetex genuinely does not care about the state of balancing, thats fine but then i think the game should lend itself into being more fun and exciting rather than being very balanced.

IMO, i think the awakening as a whole should be scrapped and replaced with something else that actually looks cool and is on par with the coldness levels of imbuements.

as for the post stating if it’ll be fine in pvp & pve. I think so. and if it isn’t then it will recieve buffs some time in the future

this massively increases the warrior skill floor and stops losers like me (whose main file is a warrior) from being capable of doing anything in PvP (without being an AoE loser warrior).

Anyways, teach me your ways. I’ve been trying to learn how2warrior for a while (without relying on attack size) and have been failing to do so. 21 player kills total across 400 hours of playtime, most of which are from older versions of Arcane Odyssey.
Note: I can’t aim either

Because it’s the only thing they could nerf without also nerfing other weapon classes in the process

To be honest the size nerf makes sense but the warrior awakening in general is just plain bad, the only thing warrior has going for it are high tier weapons which don’t even have their main abilities yet… It’d be better if it just got a new awakening but what could it possibly get except for a 4th weapon slot? I personally think a fourth weapon slot is a good idea but maybe for a second awakening instead

the promised weapon aura that strengthens all weapons in different ways (e.g. added debuff, added stats, added moves, etc.), allowing Warriors to make viable use of all types of weaponry (including low-quality/old weapons)

1 Like