Chest loot level revamp

Chest loot level revamp https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/e/0e544f0c6831e1637eafc293b90ee3b618e260b4.png
effort 4.285714285714286 7 quality 4.166666666666667 6 reasonability 4.166666666666667 6

And as I’ve implicated by “variant B is objectively better”, having to travel in-between seas (which will be a pain to do, even with level 600 ships) in order to obtain some cosmetic items is not going to be either fun nor rewarding.

i thought server browser was a thing :confused:

As they’ve already stated, chests will still only give items of your level (which they already do).

yeah no level 300 items at level 50
also whatre you saying ‘they’ for? i am fart man after all

Fair argument but even then it’d be a pain.

This sounds quite terrible to balance effectively for every sea.

‘They’ being the two individuals which mentioned it.

yeah dawg idk i just wanted a way to not have to deal with bloat based on all the items vetex adds each update

mb all

i’ve seen a lot of comments bringing up how getting cosmetics will be harder and i just wanna say:

the ONLY way to obtain cosmetics should not be to gamble with chests in the first place

in other words vetex should add more guaranteed ways to get the cosmetics / weapons u want

additionally as more and more items are added, the random item bloat from looting chests will be horrible

ironically this suggestion is intended to make it easier to get the cosmetics you want

this is supposed to solve that (PLEASE VETEX LET US DISABLE ITEM BLOAT SOMEHOW)

Better tailor shop?
Not sure who’s using shops other than Shipwrights, Builders, and Dyers though.

true!
literally just sail to another sea!

we should have chart diggable ‘modifier paints’ so that you can have the appearance of the modifier without the stats
tell me blasted calvus armor wouldnt look sick

yeah the shops are so ass vetex really needs to have them sell things ppl actually want

Hm, maybe a painter shop, that’d hard bloat the item pool.

tailor shops should sell things in the level range of that sea
additionally modifier paints that can drop

nah modifier paint wouldnt be in chests, the way im thinking of it rn is you complete a treasure spot and its a 1/3 chance of getting a paint for that spot (e.g. akursius always gives blasted paint but blasted rock can give sandy/superheated paint)

Okay, okay, so like the chunks you can pluck out of charts at Frostmill and Whitesummit?
I dunno, I kind of think a rare shop type would be better for that role.

oh yeah maybe like at sameria’s merchant caravan, seeing as we have the gem selling guy, you can have a guy who offers ‘contract’-type quests where you complete a certain number of charts then he’ll sell you the paint for that chart