Chest loot level revamp

Chest loot level revamp https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/e/0e544f0c6831e1637eafc293b90ee3b618e260b4.png
effort 4.285714285714286 7 quality 4.166666666666667 6 reasonability 4.166666666666667 6

Yeah, that sounds cool. Adds a degree of gameplay beyond just paying to have your armor dipped in one of those vats that they paint bowling balls with.

of course iā€™ll have to make a mockup

nah really I thought he HAD to do exactly what you said

people made the mistake one time i made a suggestion dawg

i didnt think i would need to clarify but

same :fr:

ok your suggestion was unforgivable

cap

archaicpaint
superheatedpaint
made mockups for archaic and superheated paint

My intestines are already blasted I canā€™t apply another modifier :frcryin:

Me, I always visit the tailors and armorers I see whenever I find one (I love looking through othersā€™ trash or simply buying new items).

Iā€™ve started doing it more often, actually. Itā€™s nice to see if somebody dropped a hoagie in the food stall.

I actually donā€™t like this that much. (Variant A)

• It would completely kill being in lower level seas unless you added a lot of bandaid fixes. Thereā€™s a 1/20 chance used as an example of getting items that are higher level (not necessarily a useful level) but thatā€™s basically nothing. It would have to go up to 1/2 or something, and at that point the main parts of the rework would seem like more of an annoyance anyways.

• Add on to above, but you should consider the Dark Sea. The Dark Sea in the Nimbus Sea is actually harder for some reason, which I assume is unintentional (but i wouldnt be surprised if it is). It would be weird having only chest items be nerfed in the BZDS but having all the other DS loot have the same availability. (it would also just be a nerf to DS runs without any compensation which is not needed)

• I sorta like the idea of grouping up items into different seas, but sorting them by the chest rarities just feels weird. At the end of a sea youā€™d basically be hunting for the rarer chests when you explore with the other chests being worthless. Not to mention there would be a cycle of having bad chests at the end of a sea into incredible chests at the start of a sea. (This is still better than the current system of having all chests get worse as you level up, but this suggestion is still a bit bad from an objective lens)

Imo a simpler rework would be to have a 1/2 chance of getting an item that can be levelled to your level, and gold chests would make it 1/1, active all the time. (silver chests donā€™t need anything special 'cause they already guarantee 2 items)

This would be kinda like Variant B but actually a worthwhile buff. Speaking of which, itā€™s better than Variant A, but you should specify (assumption) that the silver chests have a minimum of giving items up to 20% of your level below you.

Suggestion A is awesome, this is how it should be imo (but itā€™d need to be explained in the guidebook)

Also on an unrelated note the Marauding sea is actually the 6th sea not the 5th (which is interesting since it means the end of the story is in whatā€™s presumably the most chaotic sea)

i assumed it was the fifth
in that case, which is the fifth?

The skibid sea

the fifth one is the only one we dont know the name of (except for the fact that the aegean sea is a placeholder name)

No thatā€™s for 4th sea

read what i said again :sob:

Arcane illiteracy :100: