Chest loot level revamp

Chest loot level revamp https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/e/0e544f0c6831e1637eafc293b90ee3b618e260b4.png
effort 4.285714285714286 7 quality 4.166666666666667 6 reasonability 4.166666666666667 6

NOTE: THIS SUGGESTION IS ASSUMING A MAX LEVEL OF AROUND 600 AND ABOUT 100 LEVELS PER SEA, VETEX CAN TWEAK AND INCORPORATE THIS HOWEVER HE LIKES

currently its kinda hard to get items in a specific level range that are modified, particularly for drip and the like. i aim to change that by changing chests to give loot with levels based on their type and the sea
this would also help deal with item pool bloat

suggestion variant A: give them different loot levels based on the sea and type

chests would have a rare chance of giving items above their specific level so its not obsolete to loot low level chests (maybe a 1/20 chance on any given item to be higher level?)
additionally items would be capped as they currently are so you wouldnt be able to get level 340 items at level 6 for example
also when an item says “level” it means minimum level (leather armor has a minimum level of 0, iron armor has a minimum level of 50, steel armor has a minimum level of 70, etc etc)

• in the bronze sea: basic chests give level 0-50 items, silver chests give level 50-100 items, and gold chests give level 100-150 items
  • in the nimbus sea: basic chests give level 100-150 items, silver chests give level 150-200 items, gold chests give level 200-250 items
  • in the vimir sea, basic chests give level 200-250 items, silver chests give level 250-300 items, gold chests give level 300-350 items
  • in the aegean sea, basic chests give level 300-350 items, silver chests give level 350-400 items, gold chests give level 400-450 items
  • in the marauding sea, basic chests give level 400-450 items, silver chests give level 450-500 items, gold chests give level 500-550 items
  • in the sixth sea, basic chests give level 500-550 items, silver chests give level 550-600 items, gold chests give level 600-650 items

pros: you would be able to get items of a particular level by going to a specific sea
cons: you would need to go to that sea to do so

suggestion variant B: (NOTE THIS IS AN ALTERNATIVE, VARIANT A IS THE MAIN SUGGESTION. THIS IS HERE FOR VETEX TO LOOK AT IF HE SO CHOOSES)

variant b

chests will simply give items based on your level. a basic chest will give all items, a silver chest will give items upgradeable up to 20% of your level below you (at level 400, you will get items that can be upgraded to level 320 and above) and a gold chest will always give items upgradeable to your level

TO REITERATE, VARIANT A IS THE MAIN SUGGESTION AND VARIANT B IS THE ALTERNATIVE. RATE BASED ON VARIANT A

make sure to vote if you like

2 Likes

this would also help to alleviate modifier bloat as if you want good items you simply do a treasure chart for the sea you’re at

thoughts on this suggestion?
  • great idea
  • good idea
  • neutral
  • bad idea
  • horrible idea never cook again
0 voters

I do personally like this! And it makes a lot of sense… Only nitpick… Maybe make the chest giving higher level rewards a tad more rare… But thats simply subjective to me

yeah that makes sense, if vetex wants he could make it so that chest rarity is increased to compensate (e.g. the end of a common chart doesnt always give only silver anymore, but gives half silver half normal)
nicejob2

It is my duty as #1 hater of modifiers to approve this

I may be the guy who hates everything that people like, but I can’t help but love the current chest system. I like finding a Golden chest and opening it for 4 dope items instead of a regular chest which is just 4 galleons and sometimes a hat. It’s a good system, and it makes it feel rewarding to jump off the ship and stop everything to get a banana colored chest.

I think having them be more likely to give rare items is good, but you’re doing away with it having more rewards.

60 posts were split to a new topic: Modifier discussion

How will I get my vanity items though? Not all of them have a chance to be sold by merchants, and I don’t want to have to sail all the way back to Bronze Sea just to find a cool looking top hat

at level 600 do you want to roll a lottery for your cool hat or do you want a specific place and object to find your cool hat from?

I don’t want getting loot to be Find the Markers.

man doesnt do treasure charts :pensive:

I live and breathe treasure charts, sir.

then why dont you want a way to get specific commodities?
keep in mind it would still be rare to find akursius charts and it would let you find “blasted iron pauldrons” more easily

Using variant B as reference (due to it objectively being better), I have three issues with it.

Here they are
  • Cosmetic items will be much rarer as a good source of them (silver and golden chests) will instead provide viable equipment.
  • Following this, viable equipment will cause even more sorted inventory bloat than they already do (as you would be getting two and three from silver and golden chests respectively).
  • Causing these supposedly viable (not necessarily optimal) items to heavily drop in rarity and have players progress at insane rates throughout the story (essentially perpetually updating stat increases) alongside losing their feeling of slight rarity (that viable equipment does feel like at the moment, and again, I’m not referring to optimal equipment)

okâ €

little did everyone know…

THIS SUGGESTION WAS ABOUT THE HALF-ZATOICHI THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

jk

The lore runs deeper…

in this case just make each sea give gear based on the levels of the sea
chests in bronze give items from 0-120
chests in nimbus give items from 120-250
so on and so forth
this way no level 1 leather boots from my sameria chart :fire:

What’s stopping me from going to future seas and abusing the treasure chart mechanics to pre-farm modifiers on gear I plan to use?
Variant B is better in this regard though.