Clan Alliances & Leader Assassinations

Clan Alliances & Leader Assassinations
effort 4.2 5 quality 4.6 5 reasonability 4.2 5

The air is still with anticipation, a tension is building in the air. Two clan leaders stand high in the Ravenna plains. “And with that, we swear to aid you in your time of need may it be war or financial hardship. You have our full support.” ‘Likewise, mon ami.’
Cheers disrupt the tension before being followed by shock and silence, as a musket shot is heard in the distance.
It meets its mark, and panic erupts, soon being followed by another shot.
Clan leaders lie stiff and devoid of life, blood polluting the grass.
“You WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!”
The assassins disperse, being pursued by an angry mob of vengeful clan members.
The ranks slowly start falling though, too busy pursuing the ones who just assassinated their leaders to notice that they’re tearing eachother apart with friendly fire, even treading over eachother.

The idea.

Clan leaders being out on the field with their members is a show of leadership and why they should be respected, though shouldn’t such a display have some risk to it?
Also… clan alliances should be a bit of a built-in feature.
I’ve also got another clan related idea I think you guys might like.

Clan Alliances

Besides the leaderboard and clan tabs, there’s also an allegiance tab. Showing who your clan has allied with. Allies can’t capture eachother’s stuff, however they can defend it.

The trust system.

Each clan alliance has a trust value, things that would increase trust would be things like repelling another clan’s attack on your ally’s claim. ( This would provide rewards to both clans, and also increase trust. )
Or defending a clan member that’s about to be killed, and repelling the attacker. ( This would provide rewards to both clans, and also increase trust. )
One of the things that would reward one of the highest trust values would be protecting the allied clan’s leader from an assassination.

I would list more examples, but you guys know the gist.
Also, if your clan alliance trust value drops below 0, the clan alliance is immediately disbanded.

Leader assassinations.

There’s an attached risk to being the leader of a clan. Being assassinated as a leader within proximity of other clan members would result in a debuff called “Vengeance”.

Not to mention, leader assassinations would have bigger rewards.
( tweak these if need be )

Also, for clarity sake : Assassinations are done with one person killing the clan leader. Not multiple. If multiple people are registered as “in combat” with the clan leader, vengeance won’t apply. You can still have your group fights with clan leaders involved, don’t worry.

Vengeance

Vengeance is an effect that increases attack speed, but also increases damage vulnerability… while also enabling friendly fire, regardless if you’re in a party or not.
It’s supposed to invoke the feeling of panic and emotional fervor that an assassination of a leader would usually have.

One more thing…

Having more than one tab for the teleport option on the main menu, one being for Friends, another being for your Clan, and another… allowing you to select an allied clan and allowing you to join any of their members.

Also, displaying the region the people are in if they are ingame. ( So if your friend or clanmate is playing AO, it would show what region they’re in when you check the teleport screen. )
Basically streamlining joining clan members, showing if the region of the person you’re going to join is going to be highly disadvantageous and overall just quality of life.

endnote

Feel free to reply with any ideas you have to add onto this stuff!
also i’m PROBABLY back to posting suggestions somewhat regularly it seems like.

also i just realized part of this is pretty similar to @Crimsonpants ’ suggestion here : Clan Feature: Alliances & Rivalries

you should check that out too.
slight suggestion edit to force a grey area on some parts of the suggestion.

2 Likes

This is really good

The idea and concept itself is very cool and adds a lot more depth and flavor into the mix of things, but I have a suspicion that there might be certain flaws with the assassination mechanic here and there

I like discussions, so please detail what flaws there might be

Wait so just for clarification maybe I missed it somewhere in the suggestion but both clan members and allianced clan members can assassinate, correct?

It wouldn’t make sense for allied clan members to be able to assassinate your clan members, but I didn’t clarify on that…

hunting your own ally would likely decrease trust though

It would lead to mass amount of tomfoolery yea :smiling_imp:

also there should PROBABLY be a cooldown when allying with another clan and your alliance being disbanded… maybe a week to even a month.

I agree on the things that involve non-damage interaction.
I disagree on the “changing stats” part.

So these are great ideas, but they probably need a bit more tweaking.

Share ideas, I’d love to hear em!

Please no, anything but leader assassinations, clans will become toxic enough as it is in v1.13 so this is just making it worse :sob:

I do love the clan allieance though, never thought why vetex havent added it ingame considering most mmorpgs have an alliance system

1 Like

I also think allied clans should have an option to “share” infamy. If two clans agree to share Harvest, for example, they would divide it 50/50. Might not be too popular, but it can be useful in certain situations.

Clans were meant to be a PVP feature from the beginning.

y e s
but for the rest of the suggestion, imo first there has to be a way for clans to benefit from being in the same server if only one of them can claim harvest island

bro starts off the suggestion with a small story, nice

“thats kind of how i start all of my suggestions”

1 Like

the heck