Clan building... why?

there are pve building features planned but yea

i think at the very least clan pvp is more exciting than just bounty hunt pvp bc its actual war and you get to build actual fortresses to defend

i can see it still being toxic but it seems a lot more fun than just rking

1 Like

Just wait untill I finish my farm, I will build second shieldguard

OR you could go and take over shieldguard right about now after ruining the navy.

Im a hero so not really possible, with my build and avoiding amelia I could probably do that

what’s the point of making a clan then?

like honestly i haven’t seen any happy clan members that weren’t using it as a personal galleon storage tank. (most are just sad pvp asshats that use it as an excuse to gank people :pensive:)

Im waiting for pve clan content so

Exactly, im not sure why in general the forums is so against this part of clan building, as if it shouldn’t exist.

If you need an infinite money generator for outside of your clan then it really just sounds like you don’t want to play the game

Just wait for the afk premium shill universe thing to be added atp

they better get added soon
(i think i mentioned workstation structures earlier in this thread)

Haha, money.

1 Like

Honestly I just wish we had gotten that clan reset for being able to be on the same clan across files. I mean, at least an infamy reset to 10k? Like clans don’t really feel competitive bc all the high infamy clans had a head start when islands gave like 20-85

And don’t forget bounty hunting giving 240

I hope for full release he does an infamy reset down to average rank at least

Better yet, what if leaderboards were removed and clan tiers weren’t locked behind an infamy requirement but just behind a payment of galleons from your treasury?
Not only would this lessen the amount of people trying to increase such worthless statistics (renown&infamy), it would also make them less competitive (no preset objective and actual fame of earned), allowing for more casual play of the game (imagine if proficiency exp had a leaderboard :skull:).

1 Like

Ngl. I would hate this. I mean yea infamy right now isn’t worth much b/c of how high all the clans are (we need SOME kind of reset, immediately), but that’s what makes clans, clans. It wouldn’t make clans “less competitive,” they would be nearly not competitive at all

The only thing you’d gain would be reagents and…that’s it. Like nothing better

1 Like

It would still be competitive, just for the reason of being competitive instead of mechanical ones (which would objectively make the experience better for casuals).
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate does so, and its online competitive scene remains as competitive due to the existence of its equivalent of infamy: Battle score. There is no leaderboard, it is increase-based instead of decrease-based (there is no numbering), and you can’t tell who has the most.
The only difference would be that the goal of the S.S.B. series is to be a multiplayer fighting game open for competitiveness through preset characters, unlike AO which is an ORPG with a wild variety of customisable builds.
What does this mean?
That AO if such a good implementation of an incentive to be competitive isn’t possible, that AO simply cannot be a game profitting off of competitiveness in the first place (unless of course, the idea of tournaments is developed and people begin to independently host some).

PvP. And if you wanna build cool bases just for the fun of it.

I think most are missing the mark here. This is just part one of the empires update. The whole part two will be dedicated to massive PvE content like unique island events, quests for citizens, and much more (Basically dark sea content but for normal seas)

1 Like

does he know…

you can PvP without making a clan vro… utterly useless…

You know what I just figured out? All those things I’ve deleted, I haven’t been getting refunded ANY of the money I spent on it just to move it, and I just put an entire 1/4th of the wall on my build and had to adjust it because I got the height wrong.

I think I would like building more if there was more variety for what can be built other than:

• Dock
  • Fortress
  • Farm, not buried in the ground, on the freshly built edge of whatever island, at around sea level
  • Tower

Maybe I’m missing something, I just don’t see this building system as-is having much potential.

1 Like

“But then people could abuse saves to repeatedly sell and get galleons!”
The double tag based saving system: