Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed

Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed
effort 3.666666666666667 6 quality 3.75 4 reasonability 4.090909090909091 11

so many times i’ll be on the top of a huge island or fighting an Atlantean and the game says nuh uh and deletes me. Honestly I just stay in the first region, there’s still islands with 3-5 chests, they’re still fairly common, no Atlantean ships, no water poisoning except for the white pools which are easily avoided, and the atlanteans arent level 160 and delete you with an m1 combo

I kinda agree, I’m not loosing that much stuff, maybe the fishing but that’s all (atlantean ships are bullshit or so I’ve heard)

Atlanteans do a ton of damage, and fighting multille high levels ones on a ship where they can stun you with m1s is bad

Genuinely, water poisoning is NOT a fun mechanic, the game just randomly piles a shit ton of damage on you without warning and forces you to stop what you’re doing to run for your life since its 100% certain death if you don’t and that’s with the one countermeasure not breaking repeatedly.

I don’t understand why this is in the game at all, let alone why its enabled in such an unstable state considering that its bugged out and become instant guarenteed death for players poisoned twice from the update’s release.

2 Likes

antidote potion when I suggested it :confused:

I’m sorry but this doesn’t fix it either.

The best course of action is genuinely to just get rid of water poisoning or completely rework it into something better, it is the worst mechanic in the entirety of the dark seas even when it isn’t broken.
The game should not just randomly start doing percent damage to you with you having no reliable way to get rid of it until you run across the whole island to get back to the ship.

Its a bullshit mechanic through and through, broken or not.

Just, no.

Bathing has never not worked for me so I think it’s just a skill issue, genuinelly.

Good for you but it is very stupid to ignore bugs just because they don’t affect you specifically.
Especially a bug like this, that is very likely to end up affecting you.

Also in what world is it a “skill issue” to stand directly over the bath and not get the prompt or sit inside of a siren cave and continue to take poison damage despite there being cover?

I was just doing it to lower the rating of the suggestion it does not deserve 5 stars lmao

All you’re doing is making yourself look stupid, straight up.

“Rahhh, this suggestion doesn’t DESERVE 5 stars because I say so, so I’ll make up something at random and throw a bunch of 1 stars on it to lower it!!! Rahh!!”

5 Likes

also, move around the bath until the prompt shows up

also that doesn’t work, what part of “completely broken” is hard to understand?

stars 2-4:

fuck off.

ah come on-

1 Like

While I agree it’s broken right now - Vetex has said that bathing should prevent poisoning for 5m- anybody who has spent more than 15m in the 1st range or further knows that’s completely bullshit.
However, it’s nowhere near broken enough to completely disable - the bug preventing bathing due to joining after a brig has spawned seems to have been fixed, and you can clear poison by just standing under something (such as a Moai nose, lol)

It. Doesn’t. Work.
I’ve gotten water poisoning twice since v1.14.5 and both times I’ve tried both getting under cover and bathing and neither have worked, leading to my death from full hp including both lives you get in the dark sea.

Everything beyond the first range is unplayable outside of solo play since it seems like only the brig’s owner can actually use it.
I CANNOT spell this out more clearly.

Then stay in the first range until the bug is fixed.

why did they flag this lmao

showed up to contribute absolutely nothing and flood the suggestion with useless garbage.