Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed

Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed
effort 3.666666666666667 6 quality 3.75 4 reasonability 4.090909090909091 11

I still won the fight, should I just die to random bullshit right after?

1 Like

You are the embodiment of some of the problems of the AO community
“Dont like getting ganked, just dont have any fame or bounty”
The PvE deckhands that are tied to the PvP stat in question:

“Just take less dammage lul”
I want to see you fight the same level atlantean and get water poisioning mid combat ater a 1 hour dark sea run

8 Likes

I don’t go on solo runs

So imagine it happens to the person who own the ship
Same effect “oh but we use mutiple ship”
What if it happens to all the people who own the ships

Well, then we lost ggs

And you wont even feel the slight bit annoyed that everyone died due to a unfair mechanic that artifically increases difficulty and breaks half of the time

This guy is either a troll or a complete idiot.
Maybe both.

(Why not both?)

1 Like

People getting tricked into believing a myriad of random inconveniences are a challenge has done this game some real favors.

Honestly some goofy stuff here.

I love lightning with little to no indicator that does a thousand damage to me and my ship!!

also don’t get confused, it is just the one guy here that super heavily supports water poisoning.

Some neat qol features that rattle around my brain to solve mild inconviences

1. Allow quartermaster to load cargo/sealed floating in water nearby a ship/island

… i dont have any other minor inconviences right now
Also this less a “minor inconvience”, more of a “oh you just got out of combat at 100 hp? Lets roll a number, if you roll a nat 1 you die” (in DnD your dm atleast warns you "do you wanna do that)

no rolling a nat 1 is getting struck by lightning 5 times in a row and dying.

1 Like

It reminds me of how they implemented a similar hazard in a late game area in Fantastic Frontier. If you were VERY unlucky, you could have a Spiker/Boomer spawn right on top of you and zap the life from your shins.

I also don’t mean minor inconvenience to the poisoning- I mean for AO in general.

The poisoning however either should be a very slow and steady buildup that you can be resistant to based on “whatever” criteria and even then who knows if it should be a hazard you should worry about anyways on top of everything else? It’s either a non-issue or a random coin toss you lose. Not a huge fan of random on top of the other shenanigans that can occur, such as the aforementioned “Zeus is Tired of your Nonsense” vibe check from the heavens.

Yeah which is why a good suggestion would be a “poison meter” that when full gives you the water poison effect
And can be emptied by standing under cover. Or taking a shower (i wonder if other effects can be cleaned…)

That Last Part Is Already How It’s Supposed To Work Without Bugs

I don’t disagree with the suggestion, recently went on a DS expedition and my bath suddenly stopped working causing me too loose like 8 sealed. I’d rather washbin provide you temporary immunity and have the cabin just remove it like before, as for the arguement below Water Poisoning isn’t really that bad like people are making it out to be, it takes 1/40th of your HP a second get over it, but it’s definently an annoying feature and I would rather it be reworked similarly to sulphuric water in the calamity mod where it fills up a meter and does bigger damage

Only good thing to come from this topic god bless and live on based walksanator

the AMOUNT of damage it does isn’t the problem.
Its the fact it can happen at the worst times and be super annoying at best and guaranteed bullshit death at worst.

One thing I’d like to note about this clip is that the ship was in the direction I was running in, but it was too far away to see.
(I know this because after I was revived I kept going that way and got to the ship)
I would have had to have SUBSTANTIALLY more hp to survive the run back.

I’m sorry but that’s not a “get over it” situation.
That is a clear problem that needs to be fixed ASAP even outside of the bugs.

Not exactly the highest effort suggestion, but I agree with everything said here.

I still think water poisoning should deal less damage, and/or have some sort of warning when you’re about to get it (or just remove it outright)

There are multiple ways to prevent this, you could have broke open a wall, drank a healing potion (which the update WANTS you to do), ran inside the the structure faster, and if your on a completely different island there is a good chance that you could take shelter under a structure like a tree, I think poisoning appearing at low HP is pretty crude, but what you showed isn’t really a good example. It’s only a real pain when it decides to break or the island your at your absolute last limb (which in 99% of cases you won’t be in)

Not agreeing with what Flipin is saying, but the Dark Sea is the most brutal part of the game, if you don’t have reaction timing like this then practice and learn. it’s only really a problem when it’s a completely bullshit unavoidable death like what I listed above, which could easily be fixed if Water Poisoning was just revamped to deal large damage over longer periods of time

If this update wants me to use healing potions maybe it should actually let me find more than 2 lifeblooms across several islands.

I’m sorry but healing reagents are, to put it simply, too rare to use reliably.
You might get enough T2 reagent in the dark sea to brew one set of T4 healing potions in an expedition if you’re incredibly lucky.