Considering the agility rework

6/13

Ad hominem is only a problem if its a fallacy but what im saying is relevant and true. There’s like a handful of you guys that overreact to everything i say, and spam bait posts. Hence why I call you guys idiots or gay for not knowing how to talk man to man.

Some of these pve kids(emphasis on some most people in the Ao community are really chill and cool people) are just selfish and incompetent, to then just cry about open world pvp. The game is what Vetex intends it to be. Some of them think they’re entitled to having the game change to their preferance and liking as if its not Vetex’s game. There’s nothing wrong with suggesting ideas to vetex but if he says no the game is not going to have pvp toggle, then thats that.

I understand what part of the community I’m going back and forth with and its intentional. I alwayd just been the type of person to put people in there place.

this seems oxymoronic, talking man to man should be respectful and respectful speech does not include “Gay” or “Ur an idiot”

1 Like

When u start off a conversation with another man telling him hes baiting people thats the kind of response you get. Respect is earned not given.

you’ve said you like to do the very definition of bait though, intentionally say stupid things to get a reaction and increase your enjoyment of the argument.
if you still try to refute this then i’ll consider it bait unless it’s actually a good refutation

Depends if its actually funny yes I would “bait” people. Ranking which AO characters would say the N-word - #7 by SkyRocket this post in particular could be “bait” but its funny.

Not everything is funny to me so no i dont sit here and think to constantly bait people. You guys are just so concerned about “bait” you assume it.

In this post particular there is nothing funny about it. I just have a slightly deffered opinion and its mostly just a statement that balance team is thinking in the right directions and that they should try to keep coming up with ideas. Like 2 people from that I’ve argued with in other posts come here and call this bait as if I’m not being serious. So no I dont owe them respect because they didnt take the time to understand the initial post. They’re idiots.

IMG_4919

imo something like dash charges would be better, the whole box check thing feels super finnicky

Thats pretty interesting. Fundamentally i think the change would have to be super specific like the clash box because nerfing agility across the board doesnt work just makes the game feel more wonky, someone with more agility investment is still going to out pace someone with out it even with charges. It wasnt a bad idea thoe maybe it can be built further upon i’m only looking at it from what you’ve told me.

i was thinking of the charges idea for a bit

1. agility scales naturally, and at certain points it gives you another dash charge
  2. charges regenerate the same for everyone regardless of investment
  3. this part is a bit experimental - the more you burn charges, the longer it takes for all to refill

if you have 5 charges, and you’re evenly spacing them, you should pretty much have infinite uptime - say your first charge regenerates in 1s. however if you burn 3 charges quickly, it might take 3s, 2s, then 1s.

my idea with this was to punish overt running (jittertapping w), and people that fight + run can technically still stay alive + run, enough to where the hunter gets bored, and additionally it would aim to have a minimal effect on correct dash usage

higher agility gives you more dashes to work with, and more distance if you overtly run, but a harsher penalty on recharging every dash

would need some feedback on this since I don’t really sweat heavy on this game

Now that u explained it more id like to see it ik practice/tested. It would be interesting from a gameplay perspective.

not impossible for me to script some rough proof of concept, depends if im lazy though, and I think I’d probably make a dedicated thread for it

Yeah what i like about the idea is it would enforce people to block and parry more but we get to still keep the fast paced movement. So mostly a win win. The thing i like about the agility rework is the buff to movement snappinesd which would increase the pace of the game again which would be nice too.

That one kid:
Well according to my calculations :nerd:, if I use it at a 57.2639384732 angle, it is a guaranteed hit.

Okay.

i feel like the cone check should only apply if you have more than 100k bounty or smth imo

Thats reasonable.

I feel like there is kind’ve the issue of it being a little complicated and people who are playing without looking things outside the actual game are probably gonna have a hard time figuring out what the heck is going on.

The only working alternative I can really think of that works without that issue, would be to remove agility entirely and maybe increase base speed a bit so traveling is a bit less slow. But the problem with that is the sheer amount of items that would need to have their stats changed, which wouldn’t be hard for Vetex to do, but it would be extremely tedious and boring and would probably take a while. Things are solely dedicated to agility like agility amulets or items where agility is a main component like morcenis would probably present a pretty big problem.

im ok with whatever hppens tbh for the most part cuz i understand bothsides and i think with or without the rework is fair if anything vetex will have to consider doing it down the line after he gets more content out.

I don’t think that has to mean a bad thing
It could just be we’ve picked up on how you speak