CRITICAL flaws of the game, and why people say its “boring”

would you be satisfied if every enemy was fixed and was super easy

Yes.

Lmfao

Fixed NPCs would bring a sense of comfort. I mentioned NPC difficulty because its just an extra reason. The main reason is the randomness.

if npcs were fixed and had fixed difficulty that would go against the games core open world part people can spawn in a lot of places so starters would get stuck in areas that are impossible for them

2 Likes

hmm well atleast the trade thread is a literal
sunken < oathkeeper zone

1 Like

WoM is one of the most high quality, polished games on Roblox (in my subjective opinion). Add to that the fact that it was made by a single guy, and now you see why it’s good.

No wait, it’s not good if the gameplay is boring and repetitive.

I agree with all points. It would also be pretty cool if the world could be more dynamic, with actively moving NPCs and some procedurally generated places with randomised loot.

you can’t have a dynamic world if npcs have fixed locations

So basically you want every game you play to simp for you and give you no sense of accomplishment. Not everything you play has to be some power fantasy where you’re the chosen one and WoM is definitely not that type of game, which they made clear by making the Peacekeeper the main character and not you or any other WoM player.

And please don’t act like you understand difficulty. Difficulty is the thing that doesn’t guarantee that you win, so it drives you to get better at the game and persevere. So when you reach that goal when rng doesn’t do a thing to you is when you feel satisfied. The only way you wouldn’t is if you’re some toddler that can’t handle it.

There are different types of games and WoM clearly isn’t one you belong with so quit trying to make it one.

So now I have two words for you.
Get. Good.

7 Likes

I understand difficulty. I think you’re the one misunderstanding, because there are types of difficulty. And WoM isn’t difficult at all really. It’s more boring and monotonous than anything else at this point.

I suggest to at least increase the spawn rates. The randomness is so painstakingly annoying to handle.

imagine if it took you 10 minutes to find one enemy and then you one shot them would that be satisfying

Both no. Finding an NPC is definitely no fun. And you could do with a bit more challenge than just one shotting them

facts

1 Like

ik
i didnt mean the prologue i meant the rest of the storyline

Yes, and that’s your confirmation

you actually need to put effort into the game to progress? wtf? why aren’t the enemies running at me and dropping dead???

Imagine if the rest of the story arc involved doing nothing but assassinating NPCs

imo the story made absolutely no sense. Especially the part where the bandit carried the papers. That bandit should be somewhat special, since I don’t think any intelligent leader would entrust a lowling with that stuff.

Ye. You’re literally just grinding with no clear goal (besides getting to the max level)

to get stronger??? why else would you be grinding wtf

Mentioned already. :slight_smile:

Quite literally one of the most boring goals I’ve ever played. WoM seemed novel at first, and perhaps a tad bit better than AA but it simply didn’t meet my expectations. I wonder why Vetex chose to release it ridiculously early instead of getting it 60% and avoiding a lot of disappointment.

im not scrolling through an essay to find that but there are plenty of reasons to level

1. you can equip better gear
  2. you can find better gear
  3. you unlock new spells
  4. your stats increase and you become stronger

if that’s not a good reason to level then idk what games you’ve been playing