Dark Sea Brig Build: Part 2

A continuation of the previous post that I made on making a dark sea brig build. After taking some feedback, I have made some changes to the build.

Brig Base Stats:

Essentials:

The reason why these are essentials is because with strong bronze framing paired with post-quest Edward would give 99% stability, which is enough to at least lower the damage of the roughest wave by a ton. As for the cannon fist, this build will no longer use any cannons or mortars to not reduce speed, meaning that you’ll need at least two people to do a dark sea expedition.

The Rest Of The Build:
Helps support the speed of the Brig since the dark sea would have rough winds and as you all know that sailing against the wind would reduce the speed of the boat. Could also help reduce the ram damage from potential ship-type enemies like ghost or legendary ship.

For more speed and allows zoning strategies since going close to a legendary ship is a bad idea, this is where cannon fist comes in.

For the finisher after using cannon fist to lower the health of the enemy ship, this way you’ll get the maximum loot. Also gives a little bit more health for the ship.

Lastly is level 125 legendary defense deckhands ( 1,050 x 4 = 4,200 defense ), the reason why you need these is because the health of the boat affects the speed of it. For example, lower health would mean lower speed.

End Result:

99% Stability
94 Speed
80% Resilience
50 Turning
19,425 HP
3,670 Ram Strength
414 Ram Defense

So far this is the 2nd build that I’ve thought of that’s utilizing the use of cannon fist instead of a literal cannon or the expected mortars since those would require sacrificing speed. Do note that this only uses ship parts from the bronze sea.

Feedback would be appreciated by leaving them in the replies! Thank you for helping me think of the minmax for Brig that’s built for the dark sea!

1 Like

legendary deckhands at 125 give 1250 defense

1 Like

Aye, it has been edited :smiley:

1 Like

Unless Cannon Fist gets a change where you get full rewards by sinking a ship with it, im not content on going into the dark sea without cannons, but the rest of the build is better

Apparently it does now, it also allows you to complete Maya’s quest since it now counts as sinking a ship

Actually, just to be 100% sure, I’ll try raiding a pirate ship with just it

wait I fucked up on my end its 1050 mb mb

Aight yeah looks like it doesnt, I guess it only counts as you sinking the ship which is the reason why Maya’s quest can be completed with it but the loot is lower since it isn’t sunk by your own ship

I guess one fix to this is letting the ram do the finisher to let the maximum loot

That’s max?

Aight edited

Aight tested again, this time I let the ram do the finisher and I got the maximum loot so yeah, zoning still works with this build using cannon fist and then letting the ram finish it, only then should you start killing the enemies on board

legendary deckhands are ridiculous to get. Ill stick with my base 2 speed deckhands and 2 turning deckhands. +22 turning and +8 speed total.

Yessssssss more HP deckhands
I have 2 rn, the other one is magic storage

I’m also using a strong Metal ram

Who in gods name is going into the dark sea without cannons :skull:

Not the sea walkers thinking they can actually use a rowboat in the dark sea :sob:

What about 2 turning deckhands, one for magic storage for magic cannons and the last one for stability just to have it above/at 100%??

No redwake warriors?

Cfist doesn’t give you sealeds

1 Like

I hate cannonfist. Also I’m not sure if cannonfist gives you full rewards for sinking a ship. Other than that it looks fine

300 ram defense and 10 resilience is much better than 5 stability which can be replaced wit the 3 stability of a basic deckhand.

No??? You need to do like 70% with cannons/rams
Edit: i saw it you win this time

my brig loadout is
Sailor crew
Edward kenton(the exiled captain) and Enizor
Swift Reinforced wooden hull
Sturdy Cotten Sailcloth
Hard Lesser Arcanium Ram
Strong Bronze Culverin
Siege weapon is going to be Howitzer
4 speed legendary deckhands that gave 7 speeds each
Total stats
60 Turning speed
3070 Ram Strength
703 Ram Defense(hate taking too much damage from just ramming)
108+3 sailing speed
100% Resilience(extra 3 speed for reaching 100%)
84% Stability
More than 16k Durability(bear in mind that durability on every hull will have 2x more durability in next update)

Once I have the Brig I’ll get a 4th Turning Deckhand and replace the Swift Bronze Framing with Strong Bronze Framing. I’ll probably also use Redwake Warriors instead of Ravenna Deserters for 104% Stability. That should be good enough for the Dark Sea. If I’m lucky enough to get a Siege Weapon before my first expedition, I’ll use that too.