Dark Sea Expedition Team Aristaeus

amatuer art #3
in the process of taking darkane way too seriously, i made this
i always imagined the dark sea having a sort of ror2 timer, the seas getting angrier at you the longer you stayed

23 Likes
Featuring:

Captain Ketch @Crimsonpants
Vega Anchor @ImaLettuce
Unknown, so i nicknamed them Wings @WarmWater

Sage Sage @sock
and finally,

Tobin Silverthorn (me)
(maddox (typ) is supposed to be here but i had brain rot and forgot)

2 Likes

Typ when typ isn’t

Okay, but… RoR2-styled survival mechanics is cool as hell.

Although, maybe making it the “range” isn’t the best idea, due to the insanity problem.
Maybe making it more like each range has a set “hostility” or smth.

Maybe even it could be like Conquest from Project Wingman; it maxes out at 50, or “Red Alert”, and then resets to 1 (iirc) if you survive the Red Alert.

Maddox really did just go

:neutral_face:

:dotted_line_face:

Hekate solos

i unno just pretend maddox is on the ship healing the crew or something

i was considering it this way:

every new phase is a challenge that is sent against the player (something scary) and would happen every 30~ minutes (count starts once you enter range 2)

in ror2, the difficulty scales faster the more stages you have cleared (by 10% per stage i believe) so i believe that would apply here, making more threats be sent against the daring players in the farther ranges (a threat always being present every 15 mintues in range 5)

these seas dont want you here.

That’s not maddox…

that’s an imposter

real maddox is probably torturing a bunch of sirens

ok

you should run

that thing is probably going to mutate into some sort of monster

how it copied maddox is beyond me

maddox was trying to poison the crew, but sage swapped out all the poison for healing potions :rofl:

(He was simply feeling a little mischievous that day)

(Btw I wonder if AO maddox and Typ0 maddox are different people or nah)

How I imagine the two dudes in the foreground of this image watching the epic magic duel feel: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxhQX6WEZRG-7cK3wvJfdk7Nq1I7tjIjxX?si=OxBYdQx3LXAfFHLe

1 Like

“so uh, are we gonna help them?”
“nah.”
“agreed.”

Nah, I just have faith in the crew. Too Whimsically happy to be bothered by dark sea insanity.

may as well necrobump this to ask if I could have art of my explosion conjurer instead of maddox since maddox is sort of not related to AO anymore

Nash is still relevant to both worlds tho :+1:

(If you need a ref pic I’ll send one)

Just draw nuke and we both gonna be happy