Darkane Odyssey Official Topic

Well, this got bigger than I expected.

Darkane Odyssey - Official Post

Icon by RayhanahyaR

Seeing as the Dark sea is coming this month, and now that we know some of the stuff in it, I’ve decided now is the time to finally create the topic for Darkane.

Introduction

For two whole months I’ve been working on this forum expedition group with a bit of help from others, and we’ve done quite a bit in that time.

At first I expected this to be a little small group of a few forumers, nothing much, and then got jumpscared by the 30+ people joining it. Now, after two months, we’ve gotten the chaos to go down a bit and have created a way to sort people into groups to make it easier for people to join each other (and have sorted one of those into smaller groups because it got so big), so I’m here to try advertising this so other forumers can join the smaller expedition groups.

Expedition Groups Introduction

In Darkane Discord, we started arranging rules to create some teams in the discord for better management. We did this in July so we had organization in advance and so people could practice coordination for the dark sea. Here’s the current rules for it, and while we aren’t too strict on the rules, we do keep them as reccomendations:

1. Teams are limited to about 6-7 members normally. This makes it so it’s more manageable to join and have expeditions with players in the same region as you. This also created a poll for people to give their regions so they could find players to create teams with easier.

2. Teams over 8 members have to split their group into two subsections (Usually A and B). This was created after one of the teams, Hekate, gained the most members. Joining players in the same group as you becomes a problem when you take up a large portion of the server, so teams over 8 have to split into two to make it easier. The maximum teams are able to be at now due to this is 12 members total.

3. Brigs - Every team has to have at least 2 brigs, since travelling in the dark sea is very difficult and ships can sink easily. Team will have a main brig owned by the captain of the team and a backup brig owned by a co-captain or other team member. This overall should make traversing the dark sea easier for teams.

4. Team Roll Assignment - This is more of a suggestion rather than a rule, but having people with specific roles makes it easier for groups to sort their members. Every group will have the roles Captain and Co-Captain for the owners of the main brig and backup brig, however.

• These are how we suggest team roles are sorted:
    Captain - (insert person who has main brig here with roblox username & discord/forum username)
    Co-Captain(s) - (Insert backup brig owner(s) name here with roblox & discord/forum username)
    Explorer 1 (Member 1) - insert member 1’s roblox & discord/forum username here
    Explorer 2 (Member 2) - Insert member 2’s roblox & discord/forum username here
    Repeat until the last member in the group.

Teams are also able to put other things in place of “Explorer” like “Team Alchemist” or “Chef” for example.

Teams are also able to coordinate their vanity to the colors assigned to their roles if they want to.

Current Expedition Groups

Currently there are 8 expedition groups in the Darkane Odyssey discord server, two of which have been made today as of me writing this topic.

These teams are:

Expediton Team Hekate - EUW/UK

Based off the Greek Goddess of Magic of the same name, this team comprises of 8 members, who are:

Hekate Group A:

• Captain - DeathEagle (DeathEagle)
  • Co-Captain - Delta Helios (DeltaHelios)
  • Explorer 1 - Atloe
  • Explorer 2 - RRayhanahyaRR (RayhanahyaR)

Hekate Group B:

• Co-Captain (Group B Captain) - ItsNotMe (ItsNotMe)
  • Explorer 1 - Randomness (Randomness)
  • Explorer 2 - Banana (Realisticbanana)
  • Explorer 3 - Purps
  • Explorer 4 - gre3ncell

Additional note: This group had so many people that it was the reason why the team split was made :sob:

Expedition Team Plutus - USE/USW

Based off the Greek god of wealth and riches of the same name, this team is comprised of 12 members, who are:

Group A:

• Captain - Burgr (Burgr)
  • Co-Captain - Unlucky (Unlucky)
  • Explorer 1 - Lichdaderp (LichdaDerp)
  • Explorer 2 - Motormikeester
  • Explorer 3 - OffandSphere
  • Explorer 4 - Chip

Group B:

• Co Captain - Sanek_1
  • Explorer 1 - Lonesome
  • Explorer 2 - Tortle
  • Explorer 3 - Villu
  • Explorer 4 - Expotato
  • Explorer 5 - Spec

Note: I am at my fucking limit and so is their group, being the only one at the expedition team limit.

Expediton Team Aristaeus - USE/USW

Based off the greek god of crafts of the same name, this team comprises of 8 members, who are:

• Captain: Crimson (Crimsonpants)
  • Co-Captain: ImaLettuce (Imalettuce)
  • Chief Combat Officer: Goopman (Goopman)
  • First Mate: Sock (sock)
  • Flare: Flare (CaptainFlare)
  • Explorer 1: DubiousTyp0, aka Sandal, (DubiousLittleTyp0)
  • Explorer 2: Warmwater (WarmWater)
  • Explorer 3: Bio
    Additional note: This is the only team to have an artwork by their Chief Combat Officer, Goopman. Go check it out!
    Dark Sea Expedition Team Aristaeus

Expedition Team Styx - USW

Based on the Greek river of the underworld of the same name, this team consists of 8 members, who are:

Group A:

• Captain - Glitching Eclipse (aka me, @GlitchingEclipse)
  • Co-Captain - Ardstro (Ardstro)
  • Explorer 1 - Artuskiao
  • Explorer 2 - ColorfulAgent (colorfulagent)

Group B:

• Co captain - Sosillygoober
  • Explorer 1 - Maveth
  • Explorer 2 - Shiverforged
  • Explorer 3 - Wyqkr

Expedition Team Zephyr

Based on the Greek god of the West Winds, Zephyrus, this team consists of 4 members, who are:

• Captain - Mordon (Mordon)
  • Explorer 1 - Feb
  • Explorer 2 - CaptSalore
    (they also have another friend joining em but they arent on forums iirc)

Expedition Team Siren - USE

Based on the sea-nymph monster from Greek Mythology, this team consists of 7 members, who are:

• Captain - Zormego (Zormego)
  • Explorer 1 - Maple (Not Maplestorm)
  • Explorer 2 - Lock (Key)
  • Explorer 3 - Boltreaver
  • Explorer 4 - DanTheHermit
  • Explorer 5 - bictorrr
  • Explorer 6 - BBII

Expedition Team Caelestis - USW

One of the newer expedition teams, based on the stars (and presumably Ouranos to keep the Greek theming going), this team currently consists of 2 members, who are:

• Captain - Maplestorm (Maple)
  • Co-Captain - Felix Talo (Felix_Talo)

Expedition Team Argonauts - AUS

One of the newer expedition teams, based on the greek legend of the Argonauts, this team currently consists of 4 members, who are:

• Captain - ButterflyGaming
  • Co-Captain - Tetragon (CaptainTetragon)
  • Explorer 1 - Neomii
  • Explorer 2 - JustAnother (angelofdead7682)

Expedition Team Poseidon - JAP / ASIA servers

Based on the greek god poseidon, this team has a WHOPPING HUGE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS AT 1 player (rip this man).

• Captain - Finest (9v1a)

Expediton Team Odysseus - EU/US

Based on the mythological hero Odysseus (I wonder what this could be similar to ooooo), this team consists of 2 players, being:

• Captain - Spade
  • Explorer 1 - Bitter

Other Members Within the Darkane Discord

After a bit of thinking I’ve decided that people which aren’t in a specific expedition team can go under the title of Explorers where they can be individual or grouped up and give documentation on their own. Any explorer can join a new team if they so wish to, but they don’t have to now.

Ingame Darkane Clan

Around last month I created the clan in game so it would be easier for people to identify other members when they’re getting ready for expeditions, though right now the clan is basically a bank for me to store galleons in for brigs.

It isn’t required to join, but if people from darkane would like to join the clan so galleons could be stored and for others to be identifiable easier, message me and join me in game for it :+1:

Plans for Darkane Odyssey

Future plans for darkane whenever dark sea rolls around:

Starting off

When the update drops, every group is going to have an hour before travelling into dark sea to prepare for it by getting dark sea compasses and buying brigs, as well as anything else needed when going through the dark sea.

By the time the Dark Seas come around, there will be a VC for every expedition team in the discord to help with communications between players.

Documentation

When in the update, groups are going to help with documenting the dark sea and their travels, as well anything they obtain. All documented items will be posted in a discord forum called “Dark Sea Documentation”, where the wiki can take from to use, and later a forum post will be made of all documentations done by people (with credit to them). This will include:

• Encounters with any Sea Monsters/Enemies
  • Any megastructures come by when sailing
  • Any generated islands including their biome and general shape
  • Island events that appear (the ghosts and such)
  • Gear and other drops obtained from enemies and from dark sea sealed chests

If pictures could be provided using things like lightshot, this would also help :+1:

Team Rewards

One thing I’ve been thinking of is that teams could be rewarded for finishing up documenting things like enchantment scrolls and armor sets. This will probably be expanded on later when we have the full date for the Dark Sea Release.

Credits

Listing this for people’s contributions to Darkane

@RayhanahyaR - Gave the server icon and clan icon for Darkane

Helpers:
@Burgr
@Crimsonpants
@colorfulagent
@sosillygoober
All helped me sort out the server since this was my first time ever creating one lol

Darkane Odyssey Server Link

For anyone who wants to join, here it is!

14 Likes

I had to remove all the pings for people in teams but I will add them in this message

cocain odyssey wooooooo

2 Likes

Wait why an hour after the update?

Also,

WINDY WEATHER BOYS STORMY WEATHER BOYS

link :pray:
not sure if i’ll join since i already got another group but we’ll see

its a 1 hour prep time before adventuring in case people need some grinding, but they can shorten it for when they’re done prepping

link because eclipse didnt include it

lemme add this to it rq

Hello!

Make Odyssey not War. Hekate moment.

Well rb1 is in the server now

yall i could use some more members for team plutus if anyone is interested. we had 6 originally and idk what happened :sob:

yeah many of the teams could use more members lol

Plutus, Styx, Zephyr, Caelestis and Argonauts have small amounts

do i just ask to join or is there any requirement

also can i just

not join any and just join any group in-game whenever i want?

nvm idk any of Zephyr;s member

why the hell am I the only one who is pinged in my team

half our team was drafted :sob:

Do you want to GET RICH? Of course you do! But now you might wonder, “But how do I get rich, Mr Unlucky? How can a poor and pathetic man/woman/banana/burger/other-such-foods like me get rich?” Well at Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag:, we have you covered! Join Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag: to GET RICH(er)!
In ancient Greek religion and mythology, Plutus is the god of FAT STACKS. That’s right, we are named after the greek god of getting COLD HARD CASH. This is because we at Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag:, believe in GETTING RICH. That’s why we are going into the DARK SEAS, to try and obtain RARE and EXPENSIVE items.

Now, now, I know what you might be thinking. “But the dark seas is dangerous! There are many large and evil monsters in there!” Well how about you stop being a bitchass pussy? How about that? You can watch while we come back from the dark seas with our brigs COVERED in GALLEONS, laughing at you for being such a PUSSY. And then you’ll be thinking, “That could have been me! I could have been one of those RICH and POWERFUL Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag: crew members!” and then you will DIE ALONE, SAD, STUPID, UGLY, AND PATHETIC because you didn’t join Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag:.

Remember, they might say money can’t buy you happiness, but they are lying! Money can buy ANYTHING! With money you can finally feel alive, get bitches, be happy, become a smarter person, finally have good looks, and NOT be PATHETIC. We have many members, including Me, a burger, Lich da Derp, my kitchen sink, [YOUR NAME HERE!], [placeholder], AND MANY MORE! Join the Darkane Odyssey discord server and join Expedition Team :moneybag: Plutus :moneybag: today to finally become rich!

1 Like

Zephyr is the team of my close friends who just dont want to connect with AO all that much other than being able to play with me, theres more of us technically but at best they’re just “mercenaries for hire” in the official grouping

not forcing ya to join ofc, but yea lol

I don’t see an NA/AS team let me make one