Dark sea lightning is an awful mechanic and desperately needs some sort of rework

Just pray to Zeus it’s ez

this is basically the same thing as Calvus’ circle appearing on the celling

i literally never knew about this until months after fighting him

i mean, its kind of a high risk high reward thing

one moment late and you’re gonna get smite together with the fish ( who are most likely tankier than you )

1 Like

also, this is a game

bro thats a thing?? :sob: :sob: :sob:

i have no fcking idea tbh i heard someone said that but i dont farm calvus much so never noticed

Funny thing I never got hit by lightning in my 300 hours of playing first time I went into the dark sea I was hit not 1 not 2 but 4 times by lightning

Also the first bolt also took off my hand so I was going magic only and beat this it happened in the first 3 minutes of the run

With the 3nd one knocking me down only to get revived and get hit again by the 4th bolt

can’t wait for arlyborg to show up and start talking shit because vetex said it’s “meant to introduce risk” or some other dumb shit

edit: saw his apology. nvm

1 Like

One problem with this, thanks to the constant rough waves and tsunami waters, unless this had an effect above it too, this wouldn’t work outside of islands.

maybe just on whatever surface its about to strike on then?

if your deck suddenly have an electric circle you should be able to dodge your ship out of it, or at least prevent you from getting hit by it by simply stopping ( fast ship does drift forward a bit tho so uh, have fun )

I was thinking more so that the circle effect could have a particle above it similar to magic circles when they’re charging up that gets more intense until lightning strikes.

lightning damage should be max health % damage

still doesnt fix the issue tho, might make it even worse since this means even if you’re rocking 2k+ HP, you can still get your limbs blown off if you arent wearing vanity armor

thats the point. I don’t want to solve the problem, just make it worse.

based response actually

“Fixed: Dark Sea Lightning does not deal 100% max hp damage”

base lightning should deal 40% of your max hp in damage, while red lightning does 25% 3 times

This should also effect boats so red lightning hitting your boat will leave it at 25% of its max hp.

suffering

aaaAAAAAA

i’ll be nice, magic circles appear in the sky for 5 seconds before the lightning strikes. Better start looking at the sky to dodge

imagine you’re sailing and suddenly you look up and see that one old WoM teaser lol.
lightning magic circle the size of an island, directly above you.