Dark Sea Rescue Missions | Dark Sea Distress Calls

Dark Sea Rescue Missions | Dark Sea Distress Calls https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/3/0/3075b01ada27e143ddaa927a7c55362edb08558f_2_1024x768.jpeg
effort 4.555555555555555 9 quality 4.333333333333333 9 reasonability 3.333333333333333 9

As we know it, the Dark Sea is a treacherous place, especially for solo expeditioners. Dying basically means “haha get zapped back to Ravenna”.

How would it work?
Rescue Missions would occur where a notification will be sent to your inbox with a purple outline saying something along the lines of “Sailor (Name) in distress!”. Accepting the rescue request will give you another compass (Orange side pointing towards the player) and the player requesting help will recieve a notification saying “Help is on the way”.

To be eligible to be saved, you need to have been alive for at least 20 minutes in the dark sea (and not have been downed). You have to be the last player in your group alive (or solo). Send out a distress signal by selecting the message prompt that is only available when downed in the dark sea. For this to work you cannot be in the water or on unstable ground.

You will live for 2 minutes while waiting for someone to accept (You can of course, not send one, in which case you would die at the normal rate). If someone doesn’t accept within 2 minutes, you immediately die. If someone accepts, you are allowed to spectate your rescuer.

Multiple people can accept the request at once, and the rescuer and the person being rescued will be able to see how many people are coming to save them (So you don’t waste 15 minutes in the dark sea when someone is already there).

Allotted Rescue Times
Range 1- 10 Minutes
Range 2- 15 Minutes
Range 3+ 20 Minutes
(Can be changed ofc)

Rewards?
For starters, if you rescue someone, you will immediately receive 2k galleons, your ship be repaired 25% of the way and you gain clearsight for some time.

How to prevent cheating this system?
Well, there obviously is the whole you need to spend 20 minutes in the dark sea thing.

Why?
It kind of sucks going to the dark sea, getting around 20 dark sealed and end up getting zeus’d or ganked by a level 600 Atlantean. It also sucks having your party members die without any reward. Not only does this allow your party to continue their expedition with you if they accept your distress call, but you get to keep your loot as well since your ship doesn’t despawn. It is especially good if you are someone who doesn’t have a lot of time and just wasted it due to something stupid.

Feedback
Got any feedback or changes? Tell me in the comments
And always, please vote if you like the idea :slight_smile:
Also check out Vine Style | Fighting Style Concept (W/ animations!) - Suggestions - Arcane Odyssey

2 Likes

As someone who got stuck on an island, waiting for 30+ minutes for my friend to find me, I can only agree with this

3 Likes

Even tho i rarely die out there (i barely go far and i go with others) i would still like this feature for others. Good idea.

1 Like

The dark sea is too hospitable. There’s no significant penalty for dying out there anyways, so the player is never really punished for going out unprepared without the proper consumables and equipment unless they’ve been on a long expedition.

2 Likes

ngl this is a good take, the dark sea is already pretty easy. The waves don’t do much damage, if any, with max stability, so the only threats are easily outran atlantean brigs, and atlanteans which can easily be cheesed by spamming projectiles and running and maybe downing a potion if you suck

yes but you arent considering the dying to stupid reasons factor.

plan better :person_shrugging:

Death in the dark sea should have a meaningful impact. Imagine if dying there caused you to lose your soul, and you had to go back to the dark sea and fight against a reflection of yourself to get it back.

that’s dumb and makes the game way more tedious. I’m already punished for dying by losing all the valuable dark sealed chests, why tf am I losing my SOUL

5 Likes

The only reason i died was because the atlantean quartermaster had ice as his magic and completely decimated me cause i had no land around me lol

1 Like

rest in peace man must have been funny with the rain fighting him

dont hate the concept of saving people but it makes the dark sea too easy, ruins the concept of being constantly lost in the dark seas (cuz anyone can find you with the compass) and why the hell wouldnt people just kill you and steal your sealed chests if you really had that many

oh and the hell does that mean

well I mean if you really dont want the rewards you COULD kill them but you would get 2x the loot if you made it back alive with them so (like you would get 4 items and double the chance of gems instead of the normal rate)

2 times as much loot from sealed chests? how isnt that op
cuz theres no other thing you loot after escaping so i cant imagine anything else

well I mean it is kind of hard keeping someone alive without them doing something stupid so id say the risk is worth it

whats preventing me from doing that every expedition to double the loot, cuz nobody does expeditions that last less than 20 minutes anyway

You can only do it once an hour

ill be honest pretty much all my expeditions tend to last an hour and half

I don’t like this suggestion either - I think it’s easily cheesed by groups of friends for a 2x multiplier, and very unlikely that people will actually bother trying this with strangers.

But I don’t see how your complaints are relevant.
The suggestion wouldn’t reduce the need for “proper consumables” (you need none) or “equipment” (a brig and level 125 is all you need, insanity 1 atlanteans can be kited and most sealed chests aren’t guarded).

Needing to prepare and ration supplies for the dark sea could be cool if implemented well, but this suggestion has nothing to do with preparation - it’s just a loot multiplier for groups and a coping mechanism for solo players.

2k Galleons, a ship repair, AND doubled loot?

I’m sorry my guy, but you need to tone that down just a smidge. Otherwise this will become the new grind meta.

1 Like