Desperately Needed Changes to Player Jailtime

Desperately Needed Changes to Player Jailtime
effort 4.384615384615385 13 quality 4.230769230769231 13 reasonability 4.428571428571429 14

I have no idea when jailtime changed but it was still 10 minutes for a very very long time since AO’s release.

Regardless the system still remains to be a completely pointless interruption to gameplay that serves literally no purpose and benefits nobody no matter how short the duration is.
(I did say I only saw one of my proposed solutions as a real fix)

You do you mate, just wanna say test and play with the mechanic you wanna suggest a change first before relying on older information, even if you didn’t saw any changes for said mechanic

Its 2 minutes dawg

Really goes to show how little people cared abt it

My solution goes something like this: You can do activities as prisoners like what we did when we got thrown into the eternal mines and forced to mine copper but you can earn galleons (E.g: Cleaning with a mop or a broom etc.) Perhaps, Another thing that you do is talk to NPC prisoners and do favours to earn little renown while on jail.

You mean like the Gulag in warzone

It would highkey be fire if there was a prison that was like Impel down and had unique bosses and drops that you could escape from or something, and like little safe areas with NPCs where the guards couldn’t get to you. Some of the prison NPCs should be able to be hired as deckhands or sum too. Just random ideas that would make the prison cooler although I doubt the player would have time to do all of that while they’re arrested, maybe in a prison raid or something like that.

1 Like

why do you want to keep it at all?
also, compromise fallacy if I rob you only 2 minutes of your time it’s okay because I could have robbed you of 10 mins

but JUST tell us why you want to keep jail time if you gave us a reason maybe just maybe we would stop asking for it

2 Likes

So the last time I played AO I got jumped by a gravy player and his friend, and left after serving half my 6 minute sentence. Here’s the footage of the second half of that sentence, captured in a stunning 1 FPS by the default roblox recorder.

As you can see, the text at the bottom says “3 minutes and 15 seconds remaining”, and after waiting 2 minutes, it says “1 minute and 15 seconds remaining”. Strangely enough, I then have to wait 1 minute and 15 seconds before my execution starts (which takes a full 2 minutes by itself).

3 Likes

What are y’all talking about? I got arrested and had to wait like 4 minutes to be executed. Point is that it is not 2 minutes like you are all saying

One thing I want to hear from you is why you’ve jumped in again to defend this mechanic while having absolutely no clear reason to.

You just jumped in, said “nahhhhh it isn’t that bad, nobody cares!!!” and left.
Are you playing devil’s advocate 'cause you think you’re funny or something?

Literally the only people that would logically defend this mechanic are the:

and if you ARE in this group, please kindly fuck off.

I hate to break it to ya

We would lose something of value!!! You wouldn’t be able to get silly messages into the Agora!

…Other than that yeah delete the mechanic lol

Gonna cast her vote and say “please, we should be able to be broken out quietly.” She was also tempted to say “sure, let’s just get rid of the system altogether.” Because, let’s be honest. 10 mintues, no playing the game.

Awful.

Let’s get that fixed.

Good job deflecting everything I said and continuing to fail to provide any reason whatsoever to defend this garbage mechanic.

There are other ways to punish the hOrRiBlE eViL pLaYeRs other than temp banning them for several minutes every time they die.

Obviously those things vetex said are problems, but jailtime fixes none of them because positive reps can also kill low levels and rk.

Infact I’d go as far as to say positive reps do it much much much much MORE than negative reps.

All that talk just for nothing to happen :yawning_face:
Go back to ur good rep files and get over it

Hey unless you’re gonna:
then all your points you’ve made so far are invalid!

Or positive rep jail, that would also do it.
Go ahead, suggest it.

I dont see how a statement by vetex (TO YOUR SUGGESTION BTW) in invalid

I’m sorry but vetex’s point there also sucks.
Like I said, jailtime fixes NONE of the issues he presented as problems jailtime were meant to fix.

Unless he’s gonna add rep shield between positive reps that is no justification.

1 Like