Desperately Needed Changes to Player Jailtime

Desperately Needed Changes to Player Jailtime
effort 4.384615384615385 13 quality 4.230769230769231 13 reasonability 4.428571428571429 14

Damn that sucks, when you own ao you can make that change yourself

You know you’re a really shitty person, right?

Only to you

Yeah vetex should do whatever the fuck he wants and that’s fine by you? What if he removed cooking and your efforts were for nothing? " Well that sucks". Or if he straight up jailed you? “Nothing I can do damn”

1 Like

So you’re just trying to be annoying and egg me on to argue with you?
Because that’s what it looks like you’re doing.

Tester’s made your ego way worse.

1 Like

Yea that is fine with me ngl

1 Like

Im only responding to you, if you wanna stop talking with me just quit responding

Seems like it

Arly your a shit to everyone so shut up please. Now on topic i feel like theres a more underlying problem aside from just this… what is it? Well the GOD DAMN NOTORIETY SYSTEM! Seriously its so fucked up and obnoxious that it should probably get reworked entirely. It serves no purpose other than to hinder and delay playtime for villains, im not exactly sure how to change it but i have a rough idea of tonning down how quickly it scales and how often navy chases you because no more than a minute after i join a server navy is on my ass and i have to either 1, pay up EVERY time i want to play to clear notoriety or 2 doe and not even get jailed and then die again to more fucking navy until I’ve wasted 2 fucking hours in ravennafightning tier 5 navy brigs

1 Like

Seriously since when does being killed by navy npc’s stop sending you to jail? Its just a loop of killing them now

1 Like

it’s less that people don’t care about it, and more like

replace “deepwoken” with “arcane odyssey”, “permadeath” with “jailtime”, and “parry-based combat” with “T-jump and attack combat” and that’s basically my statement on jailtime in arcane odyssey

i also really want to laugh at TheoreticalExistence having another great game ruined—although i don’t think jailtime is as divisive as a mechanic as permadeath (this part was added after i got quoted)—for him because the developer wouldn’t remove a mechanic he doesn’t like even though that’s quite mean-spirited

who said the game’s ruined for me

I think the mechanic not only has no purpose in gameplay but also actively detracts
from the game.
Therefore, by all logic, the mechanic shouldn’t exist.

As soon as somebody can tell me how it does have a purpose and doesn’t actively detract from the game, I will happily back off.

Even then!!! This suggestion offers a solid handful of non-removing alternatives that would gut the mechanic entirely and mostly prevent it from detracting from the game, even it would remain pointless.

most other games do this in one way or another and i think it’s important to consider why they do it. i do think 10 minutes is lengthy and could be adjusted, but it’s in place for a reason.

People have made this argument before, to which I say two things:
1: Positive reps.
2: People take breaks when they want to, they don’t need the game to force them.

Camps are destroyable and you can unset spawns in enemy brigs for a reason!

this is a horrible argument because it’s wrong.
not everyone knows their own limits, see any mmorpg. also, this game’s targeted playerbase is pretty well-scoped to the younger audience, giving them a bit of a guiding push is better than letting them angrily go back in with nothing. id elaborate further but i think someone else could do it better. i still agree with you that the time could be reduced, but the mechanic is definitely in place for good reason.

I’m sorry but that is not the game’s problem to fix.

Also: Positive reps!!! Don’t forget how none of this applies to them at all!!!
Invalidating that entire point!!!

Are we implying only negative reps need to take involuntary breaks here?

2 Likes

i don’t think jail would make people want to leave, they’re just gonna watch youtube while they’re jailed (which is still screen time), it’s what i do when fishing in a silent place

you seem pretty hardheaded on your stance so im gonna let you be

I mean I said I’d back off as soon as somebody gave me a reason why the mechanic is good.
You have not.

this is true but it still gives people time to cool and think, which is better than mindlessly spawning them back in at ravenna 100 meters away from the last fight