Do u know any good devs interested in recreating wom

So that’s the venia announcements in roselight server… Makes sense now!!!

Well which Dev, and also I will not state his name, as I think he doesn’t want to be roped into it again and he quit doing Dev work on roblox a bit ago

I don’t think anyone would want to put up with the hassle and mess that is WoM. They’re better off making their own game

I understand that.

It did have potential, but it wouldn’t be feasible as a game for a very long time.

if you’re referring to me, i’d be willing to work on a project like that only if it’s serious flaws were considered and fixed (a 1:1 remake just can’t fly) and there was a dev team. none of us are vetex so a solo project is far too ambitious

here’s my dev portfolio incase there’s any other devs here lol, shameless plug: Joshiba Portfolio - Google Docs

… WOW. That… Is impressive.

Honestly, WoM was good on paper (A game where you and your guild do increasingly grander quest as you make a name for yourself in the world), so I enjoy this.

Yes I was indeed referring to you.

if someone tried, I doubt it’d be anywhere near as good as wom in the first place
even if wom is fairly boring and has some issues right now, its still pretty high quality with months of dev sunk into it

arcane reborn/legacy weren’t actually remade fyi, they just beat stolen assets into a half-working shape

how much we talking

Focus on your game first pls

:frpensive:

yo chill you already have a commission of a million robux or smth for more devs… your game has to rise up first :nod:

2 Likes

yeah, but not the same as WoM
doesn’t have the same feels and such

although I only played it once and haven’t seen anything new from it in a while so I don’t know what it looks like nwo

what game are you devving

i barely pay attention to anybody on here, sorry if I don’t know :frcryin:

Joshiii!

Didn’t know u did dev work, nice.

personally, an ideal WoM remake should have
-ocean travel with large regions of land with small islands sprinkled in rather than only islands, ocean travel is a must in the arcane series and large regions would allow things such as horses to be implemented so we get the best of both worlds
-more interesting locations and more connections to AA, all towns in WoM felt like generic fantasy towns and it didn’t feel like it properly connected to AA other than brief mentions in dialog
-a better storyline with more interesting characters (my take - which many probably disagree with - is that WoM should have focused on the politics of the magic council and focus on the many cultures/factions that disagree with the magic council for reasons other than “durr we evil and we wanna destroy stuff”)
-changes to WoM’s systems (culture rolling should be scrapped but there should be a replacement system that allows players to immerse themselves within a culture, such as being able to join a culture’s military force or go to war with opposing cultures)
-elaboration on the player’s role in magius as i think the player coming from nothing and growing to become a powerful wizard is immensely better than the player being some sort of godlike accidental zombie
i’m a game developer and i enjoy discussing game design so the flaws in WoM stick out like a sore thumb to me, i think a lot of these flaws could have been fixed early on but since WoM being an arcane sequel was a retroactive change, it’s understandable to see why these things weren’t considered before release
if you guys have any thoughts or things you’d like to add, i’d love to hear it. i love discussing game design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

even if you recreated wom i still wouldnt play it because of all of my stuff from real wom not carrying over

1 Like