Do you know what I love? Nature, You see where I am going with this? Let's talk about WOOD MAGIC!

What’s your opinion on wood magic?
Good as it is?
Needs a rework?
Or could it use some buffs?

Other thoughts on this very under used magic and what it lacks, or if it’s just underated.

I think the visuals look a lot better than they did in WoM

Other than that I don’t really have an opinions on it. It would be interesting to see something that makes it more unique. It is suggested that there will be something interesting regarding it later in the nimbus sea though.

As ultimate said, the visuals are a major step-up from what they were in WoM. Outside of that it’s just another solid magic that procs bleed

I think it needs another status effect to make it more unique

Give it the status effect “Woodenifiedicated” which stacks 9 times! Upon the 10th wood magic attack, it deals X10 damage and causes a cataclysm magic explosion blast!

When wood clashes with metal it should be slashed to bits. (Woodcutters chopping down tree trunks with metal axes)

Hehehhe… good idea

That is just, way too overpowered. I can only imagine what the metamancers will do with that. :cold_sweat:

6th favourite magic, if i could have 24 files i’d make a wood mage

i wish the wood felt more alive in a way,

the wood doesn’t grow, it doesn’t branch, it doesn’t bloom, it doesn’t root, its essentially throwing logs at people.

i wish the logs would grow, blooming flowers, growing leaves, I just really want it to feel like an alive magic, it could make it very unique to play. there are no other magics where you are conjuring a real living being, and since wood is yk, a living being, it could be really cool to see people grow trees out of nowhere instead of throwing plywood at people.

i mean the wood pillar explosion is a free way to just make it look like a tree, but its not, it looks like a log that occasionally spilts into 2

vetex could legit not make it any more clear that he does not give a shit about this magic, all the moves are ugly, wood barriers looks like ass, and don’t even get me started on how wood conj looks

2 Likes

Something something lore reason

stupid lore reasons, lore should never get in the way of gameplay, like ever. thats what happened with deepwoken and why its so annoying to play now

maybe there could be some lost or ancient magic that fills this role for me, but it would be so cool if i could conjure an entire forest or something from one shockwave spell

Well lore reason have already caused the stat requirements for rare spells to go up so yeah

it needs a buff
more specifically: a new status effect
theres alot of options that could be wood-exclusive status’

What would that be?
If you have any ideas or suggestions.

Make a wood and sand mage, it’s GOATED :goat::goat::goat:

no, they’d be a wood, wind, shadow mage

Underated mage flies just like that away form my dreams :sob::pensive:

i would also have a wind, shadow, wood mage